Tips on how to remove XeeSearch.com
XeeSearch.com is a web page that gets set as your default search engine and home page when you get infected with a browser hijacker. It is very likely that you have installed the application responsible for bringing this browser hijacker onto your computer yourself. It is related to Xee Smileys application that provides various emoticons for Facebook. Although the application itself does not seem to be malicious one cannot deny the fact that XeeSearch.com is a browser hijacker. Therefore, you need to terminate XeeSearch.com and everything related to it from your computer as soon as possible.
Browser hijackers are not extremely dangerous computer infections on their own. However, the main security risk associated with XeeSearch.com is the potential exploitation by malevolent third parties. In order words, XeeSearch.com could be used to redirect users to suspicious websites that need to increase their traffic for various monetary purposes. Also, XeeSearch.com performs changes on your browser settings, slowing down your browser and making it very inconvenient the surf the Internet. According to our security researchers, when XeeSearch.com affects Internet Explorer, the browser crashes around every 10 seconds.
Also, XeeSearch.com affects each browser differently. For example, if you were aiming for Xee Smileys toolbar (which can be downloaded at fbdrawer.com/downloader/XeeSmileysInstaller.exe) it does get installed on Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer only. As for Google Chrome, only an extension is added to the browser, but there is no toolbar. The toolbar may be useful if you make use of emoticons on Facebook often, but the side effect is that your default home page and default search engine get changed too. That is something you should not ignore, especially as additional extensions slow down the browser and expose you to various computer security threats.
It basically shows that when you download and install freeware via third party installers, you need to careful. Most of the time, it is possible to avoid installing additional (unnecessary) programs. Unfortunately, browser hijackers like XeeSearch.com does not prompt you about the oncoming changes and installation, so if you cannot trust the application 100%, it is for the best to refrain from installing it. The first advice is to delete XeeSearch.com out of Windows operating system.
How to uninstall XeeSearch.com?
Computer security users suggest that it is important to operate immediate XeeSearch.com removal, until you suffer some undesirable consequences. There is no entry for XeeSearch.com on the list of installed programs on Control Panel, so you can only restore your browser settings manually via browser settings. However, that does not guarantee you remove everything potentially malicious from your PC. Thus, it is important that you scan the PC with SpyHunter free scanner to find malicious files if any. Do not hesitate to invest in a licensed antimalware tool that would safeguard the system from dangerous intruders.
How to delete browser hijacker from browser
1. Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
2. Click Use Default under General tab and press OK.
3. Press Alt+X once more and select Manage add-ons.
4. Disable Xee Smileys Bar under Toolbars and Extensions.
5. Click Search providers on the left pane.
6. Set a new default search engine and remove XeeSearch.com.
7. Click Close and restart browser.
1. Click the search engine icon on the left of search box.
2. Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
3. Delete XeeSearch.com from the list and click OK.
4. Press Firefox button and go to Options.
5. Under General tab click Restore to default and press OK.
6. Click Firefox button again and go to Add-ons.
7. Disable and Remove Facebook Smileys under Extensions.
8. Restart your browser.
1. Press Alt+F and click Settings.
2. Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
3. Click Set pages and change your home page address. Press OK.
4. Click Manage search engines under Search.
5. Set a new default search engine, remove XeeSearch.com and click Done.
6. Press Extensions on the left pane.
7. Remove Facebook Smileys from the list.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.