What is Qone8?
Qone8 belongs to the browser hijacker’s category and once it reaches your computer, it changes your default search engine into qone8.com. You should know that this browser hijacker can act on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, so it doesn’t really matter which browser you use as qone8.com can affect all of them. However, besides that, this browser hijacker can cause you even more serious problems. In most often cases, qone8 can reach your computer illegally when you are not expecting it at all. So, you shouldn’t trust any application that enters your computer without any permission, including the browser hijacker and start qone8 removal.
How qone8 may appear on your computer?
As most browser hijackers, qone8 can reach your computer bundled with any freeware and shareware that you may download from the internet. That’s why we suggest you to download only reliable programs and always pay more attention to the installation process. You may not know, but cyber criminals can bundle any additional unwanted applications together with the free programs that you can easily download into your computer. Of course, you can always deselect them or even cancel the installation process. However, if you just irresponsibly press ‘Next’ button to reach the ultimate table of installation wizard, most probably together with the program that you want, you will also install some additional unwanted applications.
How does qone8.com perform?
Despite the fact that qone8 is not a malware and can’ t put a real harm on your computer by itself, but, within the time this browser hijacker may cause you even more problems that you can expect. As you already noticed, your home page and/or search engine is changed into qone8.com. If you use this potentially unsafe search engine, it may not only provide misleading search results, but can also redirect you to unreliable and dangerous websites. Besides that, your work with computer may also be disturbed with a huge amount of various annoying advertisements, pop-ups and notifications. Don’t trust in various advertisements that you are constantly displayed with, because qone8 is not responsible for the content of these annoying notifications and messages.
Furthermore, you should know that qone8.com has a full right to monitor your browsing activities, accumulate search results, track your computer’s IP and then transmit this personal information to the third party. So, if don’t want that this or similar information would be transferred to anyone or even used for malignant purposes, we suggest you to uninstall qone8.com from your computer right now.
How to remove qone8.com?
As you are already determined to get rid of this potentially harmful browser hijacker, you should follow our instructions provided below. We will deliver you both: manual and automatic qone8.com removal instructions. However, keep in mind that only a manual removal can’t always completely eliminate any malicious program and especially browser hijacker. Qone8 browser hijacker may have some additional applications installed into your computer as well and only manual removal couldn’t delete all of them. So, if you don’t fully eliminate this browser hijacker from your computer, later it may recover and continue to do its ‘bad mission’. Because of this reason we are highly recommending you to perform not only a manual, but automatic removal as well.
First of all you have to uninstall this browser hijacker from your computer. To do that you have to:
1. Click on the ‘Start’ menu and go to ‘Control Panel’.
2. Here you have to choose ‘Programs or Add/Remove Programs’.
3. After that, select ‘Uninstall a program’.
4. When you are displayed with a list of the programs, search for qone8.com and then uninstall it (by clicking ‘Uninstall/Change’ option).
5. Finally, click on ‘OK’.
After that, it is recommended to delete Qone8.com from your browsers
For Internet Explorer:
1. First of all, open the browser and click on the Gear icon or ‘Tools’ section.
2. After that, go to ‘Internet Options’.
3. Now, select ‘Advanced tab’ section.
4. Click on the ‘Reset’ button.
5. Move to ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ and after that go to ‘Delete personal settings’.
6. Here, click on the ‘Reset’ option and finally click ‘Close’ and ‘OK’.
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Once you open the browser, move to the ‘Help’ section.
2. After that, select ‘Troubleshooting Information’.
3. Now, click on ‘Reset Firefox’ for several times.
4. Finally, click ‘Finish’.
For Google Chrome:
1. When you open the browser, click on the Chrome menu button and choose ‘Tools’.
2. Now, go to the ‘Extensions’.
3. When you are displayed with a list, search for qone8 or similar extensions.
4. Uninstall them by clicking ‘Recycle bin’.
5. After that, go to the ‘Settings’ section and then move to ‘Manage search engines’ (here you will be able to change back your default search engine).
As it was mentioned before, besides the manual removal of any browser hijacker we also recommend you to perform automatic removal as well. Be aware that only manual removal can’t eliminate all additional applications and registry keys, so, if you will leave at least the smallest file of any potentially unwanted application in your computer, it can be easily restored. Because of this reason we recommend you to download and install reliable anti-spyware application such as SpyHunter. With a help of this anti-malware tool you will be able to perform a full system scan, totally eliminate qone8.com and protect your computer from any further internet infections.