What is TranslationBuddy Toolbar?
TranslationBuddy Toolbar is a browser extension developed by Mindspark Interactive Network Inc. It is a toolbar that allows you to translate websites into different languages. It also provides you with other features like identifying a language, learning a new word a day, installing multilingual virtual keyboards and more.
TranslationBuddy Toolbar is powered by Ask.com and it has an official webpage translationbuddy.com where the software can be downloaded. The application is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If you want to delete TranslationBuddy Toolbar, you can skip to the last chapter of the article.
How does TranslationBuddy Toolbar?
Although TranslationBuddy Toolbar has an official page and you can download it there, you should take into account that it can also be bundled with other freeware and shareware. If you have acquired the program via third parties, you should check your PC for other potentially unwanted applications that may have been installed with the software of your choice. If, however, you installed the program from its official site, you were also offered to replace your home page and default search provider with Ask.com. If you did not un-check the boxes with these offers, the modifications were made automatically and now every time you open your browser you see home.tb.ask.com. Moreover, you are also forced to use Ask Search as you default search provider. We would not recommend using this engine as it may present you with unreliable sponsored links.
As for TranslationBuddy Toolbar itself, it may serve as a useful tool, however, you should keep in mind that it can track your cookies and record information about your online behavior. It can monitor what pages you visit, how long you stay on them, what searches you make and so on. Furthermore, the toolbar may also collect your personal information such as your name, e-mail address and other private details that you share on social networking websites. It can also manage your themes and extensions. We recommend that you terminate TranslationBuddy Toolbar.
How to remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar?
The best solution to TranslationBuddy Toolbar removal, especially if you did not download it from its official page, is to implement an anti-malware application that will do all the work for you. It will scan your PC and detect all potential threats. It will then eliminate TranslationBuddy Toolbar along with these threats and make sure that other unwanted programs do not access your system in the future. Alternatively, you can use the instructions below this article and remove TranslationBuddy Toolbar manually. Afterwards, you can also download the free malware scanner and check if the manual removal was a success.
TranslationBuddy Toolbar Removal
Uninstall TranslationBuddy Toolbar from system:
- Start → Control Panel → Add or remove programs → TranslationBuddy Toolbar → Remove
Windows 8/7 and Vista
- Settings/Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a program → TranslationBuddy Toolbar → Uninstall
Reset your browser settings:
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Go to the General tab, change your home page and click OK
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and extensions delete unwanted add-ons
- Choose Search Providers section and set a new search engine
- Click on the menu and select Options
- Replace your home page on the General tab and click OK
- Click on the menu again and open Add-ons
- Go to Extensions and eliminate unwanted add-ons
- Click on the search provider icon next to the search box
- Select Manage search engines and set a new search provider
- Click on the menu and go to Tools -> Extensions
- Terminate the unwanted browser add-ons
- Move to Settings and click Set pages under On startup
- Overwrite you home page and click OK
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Set a new search provider.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.