What is Search.Tb.Ask.com?
Search.Tb.Ask.com is a search engine that is classified as a potentially unwanted application. Despite the fact, that it looks very refined and safe it is actually disappointing. Search.Tb.Ask.com has a potential to be annoying and inconvenient, because it constantly redirects you to advertising sites and may also alter search results.
The service provided by Search.Tb.Ask.com leaves much to be desired. However, the customers need not suffer unnecessary. They should delete Search.Tb.Ask.com immediately.
How does Search.Tb.Ask.com work?
It is possible that Search.Tb.Ask.com appears on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox after you willingly install it. However, this search engine can also spread through other methods of distribution . It travels through freeware, shareware, attack sites, social media spam, or email. It is also possible that your regular search engine is replaced by Search.Tb.Ask.com, because of the installation of a new Ask Toolbar. If you will not remove Search.Tb.Ask.com immediately, it can become an unwelcome irritation. Search.Tb.Ask.com is often bundled with other unwanted files that does nothing except contaminate your PC.
There are two main problems caused by Search.Tb.Ask.com. First off all, their main goal seems to be the promotion of affiliate sites and increase of their profit at the expense of the user. It constantly redirects you to unwanted sites that are supported by the developers of this engine or to the sites that are totally unrelated to your search. This alone should be reason enough to remove Search.Tb.Ask.com.
How to remove Search.Tb.Ask.com?
If your PC experience the symptoms mentioned above, it is a clear sign that Search.Tb.Ask.com is already in your computer. Do not let this potentially unwanted application remain inside your system and delete Search.Tb.Ask.com immediately. Thankfully it is not too difficult to get rid of it. After completing steps given bellow, you should also scan your computer with trustworthy anti-spyware to remove any unwanted files left behind.
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon (on the right side at the top of the page).
Choose Manage Add-ons.
- Here look for any unfamiliar plugins (Ask Toolbar, Ask Updater, Ask Search, etc.) and delete them.
- To change your homepage tap the Gear icon again and select Internet options.
- Choose General tab, delete Search.Tb.Ask.com and enter your domain name.
- To change your default search engine, click on the Gear icon again and choose Manage Add-ons and then Search Providers.
- Set your preferred search engine.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, tap menu icon (on the right side at the top of the page).
- Select Add-ons and then Extensions (on the left side).
- Here choose any unfamiliar plugins (Ask Toolbar, Ask Updater, Ask Search, etc.) and click trash icon to delete them.
- To change your homepage, tap menu icon (on the right side at the top of the page) and choose Options.
- Here, delete Search.tb.ask.com from Home Page line and enter your preferred website.
To change your default search engine, chose menu icon again and then choose question mark icon.
- Here, select Troubleshooting Information and choose Reset Firefox (right side of the page).
- Open Google Chrome, choose the menu icon (top right corner) and select More tools and then select Extensions.
- Here, choose any unfamiliar plugins (Ask Toolbar, Ask Updater, Ask Search, etc.) and choose trash icon to delete them.
- To change your homepage, click on menu icon, select Settings, move to On startup and select set pages.
- Here, delete Search.tb.ask.com by clicking on the X and enter your preferred website.
- To change your default search engine, choose on the menu icon then select Settings and move to Search section.
- Here, select Manage Search Engines… and add your preferred domain name.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.