In other words, safehomepage.com is set as your default homepage and search engine. That is something you should not tolerate, so you need to remove safehomepage.com at once. Terminate all the programs potentially associated with and restore your browser settings to default. And finally, run a full system scan with a licensed antispyware tool.
Commercial pop-up advertisements are you biggest security concern, when it comes to safehomepage.com. This browser hijacker employs tracking cookies to collect data on what websites you frequent and what you search online for. With this data collected, safehomepage.com can generate tailored pop-up advertisements that would be related to your likes and preferences. Such pop-ups and other flash ads increase the possibility that you click them; while it is obvious you cannot do that if you value your computer’s security.
In order to avoid safehomepage.com and other similar applications, you need to stay away from unfamiliar video codecs, freeware and shareware applications. This browser hijacker may not be very dangerous on its own, but since it supports adware, safehomepage.com might eventually expose you to corrupted websites that distribute malware, and you might get infected with extremely dangerous computer threats.
That is something no one wants to go through, so scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner right now to get a list of programs that are related to safehomepage.com. Then remove these programs via Control panel, and open your browser. Follow the instructions we provide below to reset your browser settings to default, and then scan your computer with a licensed computer security application once more, because there might be some residual files left on your computer. Invest in a powerful computer security application if need be, because computer security and internet safety should be your utmost priorities.
Manual Safehomepage Removal Guide
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Wait for Charm bar to appear and the click Settings.
- Go to Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Highlight all the programs you want to remove and click Uninstall.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove unwanted apps.
- Click Start menu button and go to Settings.
- Open Control panel and select Add or remove programs.
- Uninstall all the potentially unwanted applications.
Remove safehomepage.com from browsers
Delete safehomepage.com from Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and press Reset.
- Click Close.
Uninstall safehomepage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshootinginformation.
- Click Reset Firefox at the top of a new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox on a pop-up box. Press Finish.
Remove safehomepage.com from Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset on a pop-up.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.