What is Zoo Toolbar?
Zoo Toolbar can be treated as potentially unwanted browser extension and once it reaches your computer it begins to redirect you to sponsored and malignant websites where you can easily ‘catch’ even more serious infection. You should know that Zoo Toolbar is said to be created by ‘InfoSpace LLC’ and it acts on most of the browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox). Besides that, Zoo Toolbar is closely related with isearch.zoo.com website which is also treated as being potentially dangerous. The main idea of this browser extension is to monitor your entire browsing sessions and then transfer the accumulated information to potentially malicious third party. So, if you don’t want to be monitored all the time it is recommended to conduct Zoo Toolbar removal from your computer as soon as possible.
In what ways can Zoo Toolbar enter your computer?
Don’t be fooled by the fact that this browser extension is said to be created to provide you the links to the most favorite websites (such as Facebook, Ebay or Youtube) and help you to achieve the best search results. You should know that cyber criminals have created Zoo Toolbar in order to advertise sponsored webpages or attack the random user with various pop-ups and advertisements. Most frequently Zoo Toolbar can enter your computer bundled with freeware and shareware (various PDF creators, music or video player and other applications). While surfing the internet you always have to stay completely attentive and never forget that any free file or program that you want to download into your computer can have some additional installations of unwanted applications as well. Considering this fact, you have to download only those files that you can trust. Besides that, even if the file seems to be safe, you should always perform only Advanced or Custom installation procedure. Furthermore, you have to attentively examine all the information that is provided in the installation wizard. Keep in mind that in most often cases you are always permitted to deselect all unwanted additional applications or even cancel the main installation process.
How can Zoo Toolbar affect your computer?
Once installed, this potentially unwanted browser extension can implement some obvious changes. First of all, you may notice that your browser has an additional ‘Zoo’ toolbar. Besides that, your default search provider and start up page might be changed into search.zoo.com. If you use the new search provider, you may not only be provided by inaccurate search results but also redirected to various websites and attacked by the vast amount of diverse pop-ups, notifications and advertisements. In other words it means that you won’t be able to perform your everyday browsing activities as before. Be aware that search.zoo.com has no responsibility over those various advertisements that you are constantly displayed with. So, it is recommended to avoid clicking on them because each irresponsible click can easily bring you even more serious computer infection. Besides that, you should pay more attention to the search results that you get from this new search provider because some of them may be misleading. As you may have already noticed, any program that enters your computer illegally shouldn’t gain your credibility at all and Zoo Toolbar is no exception. Because of this reason we recommend you to delete Zoo Toolbar as soon as you notice that it has infected your computer.
How to remove Zoo Toolbar?
In order to completely remove this potentially unwanted application from your computer you have to follow our instructions.
At the beginning you have to uninstall Zoo Toolbar from your computer’s system:
Instructions for Windows XP:
1. Click once on the ‘Start’ menu and then select ‘Control Panel’.
2. After that, click on ‘Add or Remove Programs’ section and uninstall the unwanted Zoo application.
Instructions for Windows Vista and 7:
1. Open the ‘Start’ menu.
2. After that, choose ‘Control Panel’ option.
3. Click on ‘Uninstall a Program’ and eliminate the unwanted application.
Instructions for Windows 8:
1. First of all, place the mouse cursor at the bottom right corner of your computer’s screen.
2. Click on ‘Settings’ (when the Charm bar appears).
3. After that, navigate to ‘Control Panel’.
4. Now click on ‘Uninstall a program’.
5. Finally, highlight the Zoo Toolbar and select ‘Uninstall’ option.
After that, you also have to fix your browsers. As it was mentioned before, Zoo Toolbar can affect all the toolbars that are installed into your computer. Because of this reason, we suggest you to fix all the browsers no matter if you prefer to use only one of them.
1. Open the browser and press the combination of ‘Alt+F’.
2. After that, move to ‘Internet options’.
3. Under the ‘General’ tab enter a new home page address.
4. After that, click on ‘OK’.
5. Now press ‘Alt+T’ once again and choose ‘Manage add-ons’.
6. Another step you have to make is to click on ‘Search providers’ (on the left side).
7. Here you have to select a new search engine and remove Zoo Search.
1. First of all, open the browser and then press ‘Alt+T’.
2. After that, click on the ‘Options’ section.
3. Under the ‘General’ tab you should change you new default home page and click ‘OK’.
4. To select a new default search provider you have to click on search engine icon (next to the search box).
1. Open the browser and press ‘Alt+ F’.
2. After that, move to the ‘Settings’ section.
3. Click on the ‘Set pages’ option (under the On Startup section).
4. Here you have to delete search.zoo.com and enter a new startup page.
5. After that, click ‘Manage search providers’ (under the Search section) and select a new search engine.
However, you should always keep in mind that any potentially unwanted application that enters your computer illegally can’t be removed only be performing the manual removal steps. Because of this reason we suggest you to download and install reliable anti virus tool such as SpyHunter. Once installed, this anti-malware application will not only perform the full system scan, but will be as a guarantee that helps you to safeguard your computer from any other potentially dangerous infections.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.