What is Websearch.searchsun.info?
Websearch.searchsun.info is a browser hijacker which can be promoted as a search engine, but it certainly can not be qualified as one since it functions exactly like a browser hijacker. Once installed Websearch.searchsun.info will change your browser settings without your permission. It is compatible with all popular browsers which means that the settings will be altered in all of them. Websearch.searchsun.info may also alter your search results and redirect you to various useless sites. If you do not want to risk your computer safety by using a suspicious program you should remove Websearch.searchsun.info as soon as possible.
How does Websearch.searchsun.info work?
As it has been mentioned above, Websearch.searchsun.info alters your browser’s settings. It replaces your default search engine and home page to Websearch.searchsun.info. You will not be able to undo these changes manually until you delete Websearch.searchsun.info. Moreover, the program is capable of altering your search results in order to get you to click on ads and sponsored links that have nothing to do with your search. The links provided may or may not be safe. You can be easily redirected to a corrupted website and infect your computer with malware. You should not click on any of the links or ads provided by Websearch.searchsun.info.
If you are not sure how Websearch.searchsun.info got into your system you should try to remember the recent installations that you completed. If you have downloaded and installed freeware or shareware it is quite possible that you acquired Websearch.searchsun.info along with it. Browser hijackers and other unwanted applications usually come bundled with freeware in order to enter your system unnoticed. Next time be sure to check all information provided in the installation wizard and deselect all the unnecessary or unfamiliar programs.
As you can see, Websearch.searchsun.info will do you more harm than good. Actually, it will not do you any good at all. Therefore you should get rid of Websearch.searchsun.info as soon as you can.
How to uninstall Websearch.searchsun.info?
There two ways you can terminate Websearch.searchsun.info from your PC. We recommend to automatically delete the browser hijacker. In order to do that you should download and install a malware removal tool, e.g. Spyhunter, that will detect and eliminate the hijacker. It will also scan your PC for other possible threats and safeguard your computer in the future. If, however, you want to remove the intruder manually you can use the instructions provided below. You should also erase it from your browsers. Afterwards, you can use an anti-malware scanner in order to make sure that removal was successful.
Eliminate Websearch.searchsun.info from Windows XP
1. Click on Start and select Control Panel
2. Choose Add or remove programs
3. Click on Websearch.searchsun.info
4. Click Remove
Erase Websearch.searchsun.info from Windows 7 and Vista
1. Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
2. Select Uninstall a program
3. Choose Websearch.searchsun.info and delete it
Remove Websearch.searchsun.info from Windows 8
1. Slide cursor to the bottom right of the screen
2. Click Settings and go to Control Panel
3. Here, click on Websearch.searchsun.info
4. Uninstall the hijacker
Delete Websearch.searchsun.info from your browsers
1. Click on Tools and go to Manage Add-ons
2. Remove Websearch.searchsun.info
3. Click on Tools again to change your home page
4. Select Internet Option
5. Instead of Websearch.searchsun.info enter the home page of your choice
6. Click on Tools once more to change your default search engine
7. Select Manage Add-ons and then Search Providers
8. Choose a search engine
1. Click on the Mozilla Firefox menu
2. Select Add-ons and go to Extensions
3. Choose the unwanted programs and delete them
4. Choose Options to change your home page
5. Replace Websearch.searchsun.info with a website of your choice
6. Click on Firefox menu and then question mark
7. Here you can change your default search engine
8. Click on Trouble Shooting information and then Reset Firefox
1. Click on Google Chrome menu
2. Select Settings
3. Choose Basic and then Manage Search engine
4. Delete Websearch.searchsun.info
5. Return to Settings
6. On Startup remove Websearch.searchsun.info and set a new home page
7. Click on the menu and go to Settings
8. In Search section click Manage Search Engines
9. Here you can change your default search engine
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.