What is V9.com?
V9.com is a typical and useless browser hijacker which exposes you to third party content. V9.com is very similar to nationzoom.com, qone8.com, default-search.com and many more. All of these programs behave the same. Once they enter your computer they change your browser settings and display various ads. V9.com is compatible with all popular browsers and looks like a legitimate add-on, but we assure you that it is not. If you accidentally installed the hijacker onto your PC you should delete V9.com as soon as you can.
How does V9.com work?
If you get infected by V9 browser hijacker your default search engine and home page will be replaced by v9.com. Browser settings alteration is not the only negative aspect of the program. V9.com interferes with your browsing by redirecting you to various pages that it promotes. You will also experience an onslaught of commercial adverts as you will see pop-ups, sponsored links and banners in all of your browsers. You should be careful with these advertisements as the data presented in them may or may not be true. Keep in mind that V9.com does not endorse the provided content and that could be exploited by the cyber criminals. Even if the ad seems useful, which is only because your browsing is being monitored by V9.com, do not click on the link, because you could be tricked into a virtual scam. If you do not wish to be exposed to such unnecessary risks you should terminate V9.com.
How to remove V9.com?
In order to uninstall V9.com you can use a powerful anti-malware tool (e.g. Spyhunter) that will scan your system, detect the threat and eliminate it. It is also a good idea to install a security tool if you want your PC to stay safe in the future and avoid similar unwanted applications from getting access to your computer again. An alternative to this is manual V9.com removal. In order to delete V9.com manually you can follow the instructions provided below the article. Please note that it is advisable to run the malware scanner after you complete the deletion to make sure that it was successful.
Guide on V9.com removal
Windows 7 and Vista
1. Open Start menu and select Control Panel
2. Choose Uninstall a program
3. Select V9.com and click Uninstall
1. Click Start and go to Control Panel
2. Pick Add or remove programs
3. Choose V9.com and click Remove
1. Type in Control Panel in the Search box
2. Once there select Uninstall a program
3. Right-click V9.com and choose Uninstall
Eliminate V9.com from browsers
1. Open your browser
2. Click on Tools and then Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab and click Reset
4. Move to Reset Internet Explorer settings
5. Select Delete personal settings
6. Click Reset
1. Open Mozilla and tap Alt+H
2. Select Troubleshooting Information
3. Click Reset Firefox button
4. Confirm it and click Finish
1. Launch Google Chrome and tap Alt+F
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show Advanced Settings
4. Click Reset browser settings button
5. Click Reset.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.