What is Shopping Helper Smartbar?
Shopping Helper Smartbar is promoted as a very beneficial additional browser plugin that should help you to save the money and make online shopping more profitable. However, we think that Shopping Helper Smartbar is just another doubtful additional application which is definitely not created to improve your shopping habits. So, you shouldn’t be fooled about the information of this additional program and stay away from it even if it is treated as a tool which can provide you lots of different special offers, discounts or advertisements.
Be aware that in many cases Shopping Helper Smartbar is also treated as a browser hijacker as well because it can enter your computer’s system illegally and then start to monitor your browsing and searching activities.In general, it is obvious that your computer’s safety is way more important than some doubtful discounts so, better remove Shopping Helper Smartbar before it’s too late.
How can Shopping Helper Smartbar enter your computer?
For the most part Shopping Helper Smartbar browser plugin travels and reaches random computers bundled with freeware and shareware files. In other words it means that this potentially unwanted plugin can enter your computer with any free software found on the internet. Because of that reason you have to make sure that any program or file which enters your computer’s system is reliable and free of any potentially undesirable additional applications. This checking process is really not very difficult. First of all, you have to download and install only genuine applications which are provided in the official websites. Besides that, you have to pay a greater attention to the installation procedure as well. It means that the installation option which you choose should be either Advanced or Custom. Moreover, keep in mind that all the information presented in the installation wizard is also very relevant. You can’t just jump over all the details about the new application because in this way you will definitely omit the additional and unwanted applications that have to be deselected. Be aware that all these actions take a little time but it can help you to protect your computer’s system from any unexpected infection that can not only disturb your daily work, but also pose a great risk of loosing your personal information.
How does Shopping Helper Smartbar perform?
As soon as this infection enters your computer, it attaches additional browser plugins to all the browsers found in the computer’s system. Our research group has found out that in most often cases Shopping Helper Smartbar is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Besides these modifications you will also notice that all your searching and browsing sessions are constantly interrupted by lots of annoying advertisements and other notifications. If you are a huge fan of online shopping all these notifications may seem to look quite appealing but we suggest you to stay away from any information provided by Shopping Helper Smartbar. You should know that the content of those various advertisements is not very reliable because most of them are generated and provided by the members of the third-party. However, even if you try not to click on any similar popping-up advertisement you have to know that you can be easily redirected to other websites which may be quite suspicious and harmful.
Besides that, sometimes Shopping Helper Smartbar may also change your default home page and search provider into Snap.do. If that seems to be not enough you should also take into consideration the fact that Shopping Helper Smartbar have a full right to monitor your browsing activities and then send this quite personal information to the unauthorized third party. However, you are also facing a great risk of revealing the information not only about your browsing activities but also your personal data like various passwords, user names, addresses or credit card numbers. So, if you don’t want that this information would be directly transferred to the hands of cyber criminals you have to delete Shopping Helper Smartbar right now.
How to uninstall Shopping Helper Smartbar from PC?
The removal procedure of this unwanted additional application is necessary and the sooner you start it the fewer negative consequences you might face. That’s why you should keep on reading in order to find the best instructions of how you can easily and quickly eliminate this additional browser plugin.
First of all, you have to eliminate Shopping Helper Smartbar from your computer manually:
Delete from Windows XP
1. Click once on the ‘Start’ menu and choose ‘Control Panel’ option.
2. After that, select ‘Add or Remove Programs’ section and search for the unnecessary applications.
3. Mark the unwanted application and remove by clicking on ‘Remove’ option.
Delete from Windows 7 and Vista
1. Open the ‘Start’ menu.
2. Move to ‘Control Panel’ and choose ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
3. Look for unnecessary applications, mark them and choose ‘Uninstall’ option.
Delete from Windows 8
1. First of all, right-click on the background of the screen and choose ‘All apps’ section.
2. Navigate to ‘Control Panel’ and look for the unwanted application.
3. Remove the unnecessary applications by clicking on ‘Uninstall’ option.
Another step that you have to perform manually is to reset your browsers and terminate Shopping Helper Smartbar from them:
1. As soon as the browser is opened, move to the Chrome menu icon and then choose ‘Tools’ option.
2. Navigate to ‘Extensions’ and look for any extensions that would seem to be related with Shopping Helper.
3. After that, go to the ‘Settings’ section and move to ‘On startup’.
4. Now select ‘Set pages’ option, eliminate the unwanted home page by clicking on the ‘X’.
5. After that, move to the ‘Settings’ section once again and choose the ‘Search’ option.
6. Now click on ‘Manage Search Engine’ and change your default search provider.
1. First of all, open the browser and choose the Gear icon.
2. Move to ‘Manage Add-ons’ section, search for any entries that would be interrelated with Shopping Helper Smartbar and eliminate them.
3. Click on the Gear icon once again and move to the ‘Internet options’ section (here you have to choose your default home page).
4. After that hit the Gear icon again but now choose ‘Manage Add-ons’.
5. Move to ‘Search Providers’ and change the existing search engine.
1. Open the browser and click once on the menu icon.
2. Choose ‘Add-ons’ and move to ‘Extensions’ section.
3. After that, look for any extensions related with Shopping Helper Smartbar and remove them bu clicking on the trash icon.
4. Click on the menu icon once again and navigate to ‘Options’ section.
5. Now you have to delete the existing unwanted home page and change it into a new one.
6. Now you have to hit the menu icon once again and move to ‘Troubleshooting Information’ where you must click on ‘Reset Firefox’ option.
However, you should be aware that sometimes potentially unwanted applications can come into your computer together with some other dangerous files which you can look through the manual removal procedure. Because of that reason we are suggesting you to download and install a real time anti-virus application that can help you completely get rid of Shopping Helper Smartbar and safeguard your computer from any other infections.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.