What is Searchnu.com/421?
Searchnu.com is a browser hijacker that will cause all sorts of disturbances once it gets access to your computer. Searchnu.com/421 is one of the pages that you will be redirected to when trying to search for something online. The hijacker will prevent you from using a legitimate search engine and will also make changes to your home page and new tab page settings. Although the website itself may not look suspicious, that does not mean it should be trusted. Searchnu.com/421 is not a virus itself, however, it can redirect you to corrupted or hacked webpages. If you want to keep your computer infection-free, you should terminate Searchnu.com/421 without hesitation.
How does Searchnu.com/421 work?
Searchnu.com/421 affects all popular browsers and modifies their settings without your permission. It changes your home page and new tab page, so every time you open your browsers you will see this website. When you try to use the search engine you will be redirected to Searchnu.com/421, search.searchnu.com or a similar site that belongs to the searchnu.com family. The hijacker has also been associated with search-results.com. The results provided by any of these engines can not be trusted. Instead of actual references, you will see sponsored links that may have nothing to do with your search at all. Do not click on these links if you do not wish to be redirected to unsafe websites and infect your PC.
Searchnu.com/421 is distributed via bundled freeware and shareware downloads. If you install these programs without paying much attention to the installation process, you risk acquiring a variety of potentially unwanted applications like adware and browser hijackers. Next time you install free third party software make sure you stick with Advanced installation and deselect all additional offers. You should also keep in mind that potentially unwanted programs rarely come alone. That means there may be other unwanted software on your PC. Searchnu.com/421 has been in particularly linked to CouponDropDown and Ilivid. If you have these applications on your system, you should delete them as well.
How to remove Searchnu.com/421?
It may be rather complicated to manually uninstall Searchnu.com/421 from your computer. You will have to delete Searchnu.com/421 related program, reset your browsers and edit your browser shortcuts. Instructions on how to complete all of these tasks are provided below. If, however, you are not computer savvy or would simply prefer to not have similar issues in the future, you should download and install the anti-malware utility. The malware removal tool will completely eliminate Searchnu.com/421 as well as other potentially unwanted software that is installed on your PC and protect your system from similar and much more dangerous online threats as long as you have it installed.
Manual Searchnu.com/421 removal
1. Terminate Searchnu.com/421 related software:
- Move cursor to the bottom right
- Click Settings -> Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted software
- Click the Uninstall button
Windows 7 & Vista
- Click Start > Control Panel
- Click Uninstall a program
- Pick the program to remove
- Click Uninstall
- Click Start and open Control Panel
- Pick Add or remove programs
- Choose the software
- Click Remove
2. Remove Searchnu.com/421 from your browsers:
- Open your browser and tap Alt+H
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Reset Firefox button
- Confirm it and click Finish
- Launch you browser and click on the menu
- Choose Settings -> Show Advanced Settings
- Click on Reset browser settings
- Click Reset once again
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Choose Internet Options -> Advanced tab
- Click Reset and check Delete personal settings
- Click Reset once more
3. Edit the Target line in browser shortcuts:
- Locate your browser shortcut and right-click it
- Choose Properties and open Shortcut
- In Target delete the Searchnu.com/421 part
- Click OK save changes
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.