What is SearchAmong.com?
SearchAmong.com is a browser hijacker that may have entered your PC bundled with free third party software. It is compatible with all popular Web browsers. The hijacker is usually installed as a browser extension or toolbar. Once it is, you will get redirected to various pages including SearchAmong.com itself.
Moreover, the site will become your home page, new tab page and default search engine. You will not be able to undo these changes manually until you delete the hijacker. Keeping it on your system would not be smart as it causes constant interruptions and exposes you to unsafe data. We recommend your terminate SearchAmong.com as soon as you can.
How does SearchAmong.com work?
Like any other browser hijacker, SearchAmong.com modifies your web browser settings without your permission. The search engine you are provided with does not present you with sufficient results. They will be altered to include ads and sponsored links. Moreover, you will get redirected in the middle of your browsing to SearchAmong.com for no reason at all. As the main purpose of the application is to promote various websites, it will fill your browsers with ads, banners, pop-ups, pop-under, in-text and other kinds of ads. You will only get rid of them when you delete SearchAmong.com.
If you think the above mentioned reasons are not enough to eliminate SearchAmong.com from your PC, you should also keep in mind that the hijacker may expose you to unsafe content. You could be presented with fake ads that promote software or software updates and if you download the promoted program you will see that it is a potentially unwanted application or even malware. You should also stay away from various lotteries and surveys as those may be fake as well.
How to remove SearchAmong.com from my PC?
It is not that simple to remove SearchAmong.com manually, however, it is possible. In order to make it easier for you, we have prepared a manual removal guide that will help you return your system back to normal. If you follow the provided steps you should not have any problems with SearchAmong.com removal. However, you should keep in mind that manual SearchAmong.com removal does not guarantee that all elements of the hijacker will be terminated. In order to do that you should download and install a malware removal tool. It can eliminate all components of the program and get rid of other threats that may be on your computer. Your system will stay protected as long as you have the anti-malware utility installed.
Step 1. Get rid of SearchAmong.com toolbar:
- Start -> Control Panel -> Add or remove programs
- Choose SearchAmong Toolbar and click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
- Select and delete SearchAmong Toolbar
- Press Win+S and enter Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Pick SearchAmong Toolbar and click Uninstall
Step 2. Uninstall SearchAmong.com from your browsers:
- Click on the Gear icon and pick Manage add-ons
- Delete the unwanted extensions
- Select Search Providers section and erase SearchAmong.com
- Go back to the Gear icon and click Internet Options
- Replace your home page on the General tab
- Tap Alt+T and choose Add-ons
- Eliminate suspicious extensions
- Click on the menu and pick Options
- Change your home page (General tab)
- Click on the search engine icon
- Select Manage Search Engines
- Terminate SearchAmong.com
- Click on the menu and choose Settings
- Under Onstartup click Set pages
- Set your new home page and click OK
- Under Search click Manage Search engines
- Remove SearchAmong.com from the list
- Choose Extensions section right above Settings
- Delete unwanted browser add-ons
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.