What is Search.webssearches.com?
Search.webssearches.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to EMG Technology Limited. It affects all popular web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Search.webssearches.com behaves in a similar manner to qvo6.com, aartemis.com, nationzoom.com and some other applications. It adds extensions to your browsers and edits your Target line. The hijacker is responsible for changing your home page, new tab page and default search engine.
You will also notice other modifications once the program gets access to your PC. All of them will be discussed below. As for now, what you should know is that there is nothing beneficial about keeping browser hijackers on your system. In fact, they actually lower your cyber security level by exposing you to various corrupted links. If you are an online safety minded computer user, you should delete Search.webssearches.com without hesitation.
How does Search.webssearches.com work?
Once you install the program, Search.webssearches.com is set as your home page and default search provider. The page itself looks perfectly normal, so at first you may think that it is safe to use. That is not the case. The so-called search engine will not present you with reliable results. Your search results will be filled with sponsored link and ads. Moreover, you will also start noticing various adverts all over the Internet. No matter which page you visit, you will be greeted with some kind of advert. One thing you should know about this commercial content is that it is not endorsed by Search.webssearches.com. You can not be sure that you are provided with reliable ads. You could easily be redirected to corrupted pages that promote malicious programs as useful tools or software updates. You could also be tricked into purchasing some product and never actually receive it. There is a great variety of virtual scams out there and if you are not careful with the advertisements brought to you by the hijacker, you may infect your system or suffer financial consequences. If you wish to avoid that, you should terminate Search.webssearches.com.
As it has already been mentioned, the hijacker installs extensions to your browsers. The add-on is called Quick Start and you will see it every time you open a new tab which will be labeled “Quick Start” and contain various quick access links. Another feature of the hijacker is that it collects your browsing details by tracking your cookies. The recorded data is then used to personalize the adverts that are displayed on your screen. It can also be sold to third parties. Lastly, you should eliminate Search.webssearches.com from your PC.
How to remove Search.webssearches.com?
Manual Search.webssearches.com removal is a rather complicated task. You will have to delete Search.webssearches.com and the related program, reset your browser settings and edit the Target line. We have prepared a manual removal guide right below this article to make it easier for you to get rid of Search.webssearches.com, however, you should know that manual removal is not as reliable as the automatic one. If you want to be sure that the hijacker is gone for good and that your system is protected from similar Internet-based infections, you should download a malware removal tool. With the help of the anti-malware utility you will be able to uninstall Search.webssearches.com and other threats that may be on your computer and browse the Web without any worries.
Tips on Search.webssearches.com Removal
1) Remove Search.webssearches.com and the related software
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and choose Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select the application and click Uninstall
Windows 7 & Vista
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program under Programs
- Choose the software and click Uninstall
- Click Start and go to Control Panel
- Pick Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted software
- Click Remove
2) Remove Search.webssearches.com from your browsers
- Click on the menu and click Tools -> Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted add-ons
- Go to Settings and click Set pages
- Change your home page
- Click Manage Search engine
- Delete Search.webssearches.com
- Click on the menu and choose Add-ons
- Remove unwanted add-ons in Extensions
- Set your home page: Alt+T -> Options -> Startup
- Click on your search provider icon
- Choose Manage search engine
- Eliminate Search.webssearches.com
- Press Alt+T and open Manage add-ons
- Terminate unwanted extensions
- In Search Providers delete Search.webssearches.com
- Click on the menu and choose Internet Options
- Set your new home page on the General tab
3) Modify the Target line in browser shortcuts
- Right-click on the browser shortcut
- Select Properties and go to Shortcut tab
- Locate the Target line
- Erase the Search.webssearches.com part
- Click Apply and OK.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.