What is Search.v9.com?
Search.v9.com is a website that appears as your home page and default search engine when your PC gets infected with V9 Redirect Virus. This browser hijacker can take control of your browsers and you will not be able to surf the Web uninterrupted until you get rid of it. V9.com belongs to Beijing ELEX Technology Ltd, which is a company based in China. This hijacker is very similar to other applications of this type like Qone8.com, Websearches.com, Omiga-plus.com, Delta-homes.com and more. Sometimes it may be difficult to figure out which search engine you can or can not trust as they may look completely reliable. We can assure you, the above mentioned hijackers are not trustworthy. You should terminate Search.v9.com as soon as you can.
How does Search.v9.com work?
Search.v9.com is distributed via freeware and shareware bundles. If you download free software from pages like cnet.com, soft32.com and similar, you are bound to encounter potentially unwanted applications as they are often attached to freeware. If you do not deselect them, you get stuck with these useless programs that you later need to get rid of. That is what most likely happened with v9.com.
Once Search.v9.com is set as your home page and default search engine, you will see it every time you launch your browser. The page itself does not look too suspicious, however, it does have a couple of incredulous advertisements. Under the search box you will notice quick access buttons to popular sites like Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and so on. You will also see various unfamiliar links to online gaming, shopping and unreliable software promoting pages like Aliexpress, Club 777, Jolly, YAC, and so on. We urge not to use the so-called search provider and not to click on the sponsored links. You mat easily be exposed to unsafe websites and shown misleading data. That could result in malicious programs getting access to your PC without your notice. You could also be led to sites with other virtual scams. You should delete Search.v9.com from your system if you want to prevent that.
How to remove Search.v9.com?
It is clear that you need to eliminate Search.v9.com from your system. The hijacker exposes you to unreliable content, slows down your Internet connection, tracks your cookies and fills your browsers with annoying advertisements. In order to get rid of Search.v9.com, you will have to uninstall the program that it came bundled with, reset your browser settings and fix your Target line. All of this can be done automatically, if you download a malware removal tool. If not, you can use the instructions provided below and terminate Search.v9.com on your own.
Tips on Search.v9.com Removal
1) Uninstall Search.v9.com and the related program
Windows 8/7 and Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner/Click on Start
- Go to Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
- Choose the application and click Uninstall
N.B. In Windows XP, instead of Uninstall a program, you should click on Add or remove programs, select the application and then click Remove.
2) Remove Search.v9.com from browsers
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the icon and click on Manage add-ons
- In Search Providers section remove Search.v9.com
- Click on the menu and go to Options
- Select General tab and change your home page
- Click on the search provider icon by the search box
- Select Manage search engines and delete Search.v9.com
- Click on the menu and open Settings
- Under On startup click on Set pages
- Edit your home page and click OK
- Go to Search section and pick Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.v9.com and set a new provider
3) Modify your Target line
- Right-click on your browser shortcut
- Click on Properties and open Shortcut tab
- Locate the Target line
- Erase everything that comes after “exe”
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.