What is Search.top-arama.com?
If Search.top-arama.com has suddenly become your home page and default search provider, it means that your browsers have been hijacked. It is known that Google Chrome can be affected by the hijacker, however, it may be compatible with other browsers as well. The main symptom of this infection is the modification of browser settings, but there are other symptoms as well. After the hijacker’s arrival, you will notice an increased number of commercial ads, redirects to unfamiliar pages, Internet slow downs, and more. If you want to eliminate these changes, you should get rid of Search.top-arama.com.
How does Search.top-arama.com work?
As it has been mentioned above, the hijacker takes over your browsers by changing your home page and default search provider. The website itself does not differ much from any other search page. However, if you check its EULA presented on Search.top-arama.com/Privacy, you will notice that the page can collect not only your non-personally identifiable information like your visited pages, made searches, and so on, but also your private details. This is not something you should ignore. You should not disclose your personal data to unreliable sources. That is why we recommend that you delete Search.top-arama.com.
Another important thing that you should know about the hijacker is that the advertisements that it enters into your browsers are not all reliable. You will be presented with ads claiming to promote useful software and instead distributing malicious programs. You may also encounter fake lotteries and surveys aimed at acquiring your personal data. These and many other types of scams are used by cyber criminals for various malign purposes. Differentiating between reliable and fake adverts may be more difficult than you think. Therefore, we suggest that you stay away from all commercial content until you terminate Search.top-arama.com.
How to remove Search.top-arama.com?
In order to eliminate Search.top-arama.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall its associated program from your computer first. Once you delete it, you will be able to remove Search.top-arama.com from your browsers. Both of these tasks can be completed either manually or automatically. If you choose to erase Search.top-arama.com manually, you can follow the instructions provided in the removal guide below. If, however, you choose to complete automatic removal instead, you can click on the Download button and acquire the anti-malware tool from our page. It will scan your PC, detect all potential threats present on it and terminate Search.top-arama.com. It will also help you keep your computer safe and protected in the future.
Manual search.top-arama.com Removal
- Right-click the shortcut to your default browser.
- Select Properties from drop-down menu.
- Open Shortcut tab and find Target line.
- Depending on your browser, there should be only THIS text in Target line:Internet Explorer – C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeGoogle Chrome – C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Mozilla Firefox – C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
- DELETE everything that is entered after the line indicated above and click OK.
Restore browser settings to default
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Select Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings and press Reset.
- When the reset is complete click Close.
- Press orange Firefox button and navigate to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information for a new tab to open.
- Click Reset Firefox on a new tab, press Reset Firefox on a new dialog box.
- Click Finish when the reset is complete.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages, remove Qvo6, enter a new home page address and click OK.
- Press Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove Qvo6 and click Done.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.