How to Remove Search.strtpoint.com Search Page (Removal Help)
Search.strtpoint.com is a search tool which you may identify as a browser hijacker. Has it corrupted the home page of your Firefox, IE and Chrome browsers without permission? If it has not, you should not rush to call it a hijacker. According to our own research, the search tool may be offered for installation when running the installer of PUP.strtpoint. This potentially unwanted program has been designed to track user’s activity and use the collected information to present supposedly better, more relevant web search results. Due to this, it is likely that different offers and ads will show up via Search.strtpoint.com. Needless to say, we recommend having Search.strtpoint.com deleted from the browsers because this search tool is quite suspicious, and you can employ far more beneficial search tools.
The suspicious Search.strtpoint.com represents Web, Image, Videos, Maps, News, Books and Gmail search tools. As you may have figured out already, all of these tools (except for Web) initiate redirecting to google.com search pages. This does not mean that the creators of Search.strtpoint.com or Offertz are affiliated to Google. In fact, it is more likely that this is somewhat of a trick that the developers have chosen to use to confuse the users about the reliability of the search tool altogether. Nonetheless, if you think that there is no reason to remove Search.strtpoint.com from the browsers – you are wrong. The Web searches administered via Search.strtpoint.com will be used to introduce you to sponsored links, offers and advertisements, and due to the related risks we recommend getting the search tool deleted ASAP.
It is clear that Offertz will track your information to figure out what search results you are more likely to click on. It is also clear that Search.strtpoint.com is not a truly beneficial search tool. It is just a platform used for the promotion of third-party sites and random offers. Therefore, we list two reasons for the removal of Search.strtpoint.com search engine. First of all, the search provider is not beneficial. Secondly, the search tool may open security backdoors and enable the activity of unreliable parties.
Most users will be able to remove Search.strtpoint.com manually. In some cases it will be enough to delete Offertz to disable the undesirable home page settings; however, if the search tool has been installed onto the system bundled with other unfamiliar programs, it is likely that you will need to employ more powerful software. You can install an automatic malware remover to delete malware and, most importantly, protect you and your system against other unreliable or malicious programs.
Delete Search.strtpoint.com from Windows
Delete from Windows XP:
- Navigate to the Task Bar, click Start to open a menu and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and find the uninstaller of the unwanted program.
- Click the undesirable application and select Remove.
Delete from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu from the Task Bar (click the Windows button) and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program and find the application you wish to remove.
- Right-click the application you have chosen to remove and then select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen to open a pane at the bottom of the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and then go to Uninstall a program.
- Identify the program you wish to remove from the PC, right-click it and select Uninstall.
Remove Search.strtpoint.com from browsers
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and simultaneously tap keys Alt+T.
- Select Options and click the General tab.
- Go to the Home Page and delete/overwrite the URL.
- Click OK and restart the browser.
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and enter chrome://settings/ into the address bar.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Find the URL representing Search.strtpoint.com, change/delete this URL and click OK.
- Now move to Appearance and mark Show Home button.
- Change/delete the URL representing the undesirable home button page and click OK.
- Restart the browser.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer and simultaneously tap keys Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options to open a new menu.
- Click the General tab and locate the Home Page section.
- Delete/overwrite the unwanted option.
- Click OK and restart the browser.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.