What is Search.hdvideobar.com?
Search.hdvideobar.com is a browser hijacker provided by a doubtful HDVideoBar toolbar browser add-on. In most often cases this browser hijacker enters random computers bundled with some other files or programs which you download from the Internet. However, sometimes this browser hijacker can travel along with HDVideoBar add-on which is created by Mars Technologies Ltd. Due to the fact that search.hdvideobar.com browser hijacker is compatible with all the browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox), the only way to escape from this unexpected infection is with a help of Search.hdvideobar.com removal.
How can Search.hdvideobar.com enter your computer?
As you can imagine, in most often cases search.hdvideobar.com travels bundled with other applications. So, you may never suspect that any program which you choose to download may have some additional and potentially unwanted files. Because of that reason it is extremely important to download and install only those files and applications which are distributed by authorized members. However, even if the new program which you are about to download looks quite reliable you still have to pay more attention to the way you install it into your computer. It means that the only way to avoid some unexpected infections, is selecting Advanced or Custom option for the installation process and narrowly analyze the additional information which is displayed in the installation wizard. Keep in mind that you are permitted to deselect the unwanted applications but in order to do that, you have to simply notice them.
Why should you remove Search.hdvideobar.com?
As we mentioned above, sometimes this browser hijacker is distributed along with HDVideoBar toolbar browser add-on. This add-on is advertised as a very useful additional application which can help you to improve your browsing and searching sessions. However, as soon as this add-on is attached to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox (it is compatible with all the browsers) you will notice that instead of improved quality of work with your computer you have to encounter some unwanted side effects provided by this application. First of all, you won’t be able to use your default home page and search provider because you will be supplied with a new search.hdvideobar.com site. In addition to that you will be flooded by a vast amount of different annoying advertisements, popping-up notifications and other similar information. Besides that you may also face a high chance to be redirected to some other web sites which may contain even the most dangerous infection. Moreover, you have to take into account the fact that your browsing and searching sessions are now carefully monitored. Despite the fact that all this supervision is said to be done for commercial purposes in order to provide you even a greater amount of various advertisements and special offers but you may never know when the dangerous internet scams will find a way to steal your personal information as well. So, you should really eliminate Search.hdvideobar.com and other additional applications related to this browser hijacker because they can cause you way more problems that you can even think about.
How to uninstall Search.hdvideobar.com?
At the beginning, you have to try to get rid of this potentially unwanted application manually. However, after that, we recommend you to download safe anti-virus tool such as SpyHunter which may not only eliminate the remaining malicious files from your computer but protect it from any other infections.
Instructions for manual removal procedure
1. Open the ‘Start’ menu and go to ‘Control Panel’ section.
2. Now choose ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a Program’ section and search from all unfamiliar applications.
3. Remove the unwanted applications with a help of ‘Uninstall’ or ‘Remove’ option.
Delete Search.hdvideobar.com from browsers:
1. When the browser is opened you have to choose the gear icon and then move to ‘Manage Add-ons’.
2. Now look for the unwanted entries (such as HDVideoBar Toolbar) and remove them with clicking on ‘Remove’ option.
3. After that, navigate to the gear icon again and choose ‘Internet Options’ and change your default home page.
4. Click on the gear icon again and select ‘Manage Add-ons’.
5. After that, click on ‘Search Providers’ and change your default search engine.
1. Open the browser and click once on the menu icon.
2. Now choose ‘Add-ons’ and then move to ‘Extensions’ (here look for unfamiliar entries and remove them).
3. Choose the menu icon again but now select ‘Open Help Menu’ icon and go to ‘Troubleshooting Information’.
4. Here you have to choose ‘Reset Firefox’ button.
1. Open the browser and select the menu icon (it is placed at the top-right corner of the screen).
2. After that, choose ‘Settings’ section and then select ‘Set pages (under ‘On startup’) (here you have to select a new default homepage).
3. Click on the menu icon again, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Manage Search Engines…’ option.
4. Finally, change your default search provider.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.