What is Search-Goal.com?
Search-Goal.com is a webpage that you will constantly see if you install a browser hijacker onto your system. Search-Goal.com enters your computer through download programs that are used on freeware and shareware websites. This method of distribution is called bundling. If you download a free application and do not pay much attention to the installation process you can easily end up with a browser hijacker or some other unwanted program.
Search-Goal.com will become your home page and new tab while your search engine will be switched to search.yahoo.com. You should n0t hesitate to remove Search-Goal.com as its main aim is to promote certain websites which means that you will be provided with altered search results and your browser will be filled with various commercial ads.
How does Search-Goal.com work?
Search-Goal.com changes your home page and default search engine without your permission as soon as it enters your computer system. Moreover, the program also does not allow you to restore your original settings. You will only be able to do that once your delete Search-Goal.com. As the hijacker is compatible with all popular browsers you will not be able to simply avoid the program. In addition to the unwanted changes Search-Goal.com will also flood your browsers with pop-ups, banners and sponsored links by displaying them on pages you visit and adding them to your search results. So do not be tricked by the fact that Search-Goal.com looks like a trustworthy website. You should terminate Search-Goal.com as soon as you can.
If you want to avoid installing potentially unwanted programs that can make unauthorized changes to your system you should be more attentive during the installation process of freeware and shareware applications. Choose Advanced or Custom Installation in order to deselect all unfamiliar software whenever you can. It is always better to prevent these programs from entering your system than deleting them afterwards.
How to delete Search-Goal.com?
As there is nothing beneficial about keeping browser hijackers on your PC you should eliminate Search-Goal.com from your system. You can complete manual Search-Goal.com removal as the program is not malicious. This might take some time, but if you follow the provided instructions you should not have any difficulties. Alternative and more reliable solution would be to install a malware removal tool that will delete Search-Goal.com automatically. After it performs a scan and detects all unwanted applications, it will eliminate the threats including Search-Goal.com and safeguard your PC from other online infections.
Uninstall Search-Goal.com from your system
Windows XP/7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click Control Panel
- Select Add or remove programs (XP)
- Click Uninstall a program (7 and Vista)
- Select the unwanted applcation
- Click Remove/Uninstall
- Move cursor to the lower-left corner
- Right-click and choose Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a program
- Mark the unwanted application
- Click Uninstall
N.B. In the list of programs to uninstall you should look for Search-Goal-Client as that is the program responsible for the browser settings modifications.
Delete Search-Goal.com from your browsers
- Click on the Gear icon and then Manage add-ons
- Choose Search-Goal.com and delete it
- In Search providers section modify your search engine
- Click on the Gear icon again and click Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click on the search engine icon
- Pick Manage search engine
- Select Search-Goal.com and click Remove
- Change your home page: click on the menu
- Go to Options (General tab)
- In Start up section modify your home page
- Open Google Chrome menu
- Click on Tools and then Extensions
- Delete Search-Goal.com
- Click on Settings and find On Startup
- Select Set pages and set your home page
- Open Manage search engines (under Search)
- Choose a new default search provider
Edit your shortcuts
- Locate the shortcut to your browser
- Right-click on it and choose Properties
- Click on the Shortcut tab
- Delete all text after .exe” in the Target line
- Click OK to save changes
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.