What is Search.fbdownloader.com?
Once you download any free program that has an additional FBdownloader bundled together, some of your browser’s settings will be changed and instead of your default home page and search provider you will be provided with a new search.fbdownloader.com page. In general, this application is mainly created to provide you a possibility to easily download a lot of Facebook photos at one time. However, you should know that Search.fbdownloader.com can be categorized as unwanted application or even a browser hijacker. In other words, it means that Search.fbdownloader.com search engine can not only provide you misleading search results, but also redirect you to potentially malicious webpages that may have a serious infection inside.
So, when you notice that you computer is infected by this unwanted application, we are highly recommending you to start Search.fbdownloader.com removal process.
How can Search.fbdownloader.com infiltrate your computer?
You should know that in most often cases Search.fbdownloader.com can enter your computer without your permission. Very frequently Search.fbdownloader.com is bundled with freeware and shareware (especially with various games, music files, video or music players). Maybe you didn’t know it before but the majority of freeware and shareware is distributed by potentially malignant third party. Because of this reason, it is very important to download and install only those free files and programs that you can rely. Besides that, you should pay more attention to the main installation procedure. We suggest you to install any new program only after you choose Custom or Advanced installation procedure. Furthermore, you have to attentively analyze all information displayed in the installation wizard. Be aware that cyber criminals who are trying to spread as much potentially unwanted applications as possible, understand that you may be too lazy to read all the information about the new program that is provided throughout all the installation process. Because of this reason they may bundle any unwanted application at any installation stage. So, if you want to protect your computer from any infection, you have to deselect all unnecessary additional applications or even terminate the entire installation procedure.
Why it is essential to remove Search.fbdownloader.com?
If you don’t want to risk of your computer’s safety anymore you should eliminate this intrusive new search provider as soon as it illegally enters your computer. Considering the fact that your new search tool is Search.fbdownloader.com, you can’t trust in the search results anymore. You will notice that most of the search results are connected with various advertisements. Besides that, you can be attacked by a huge amount of diverse pop-ups and other advertisements that may not only be annoying, but also potentially dangerous and infected. Moreover, this new search provider can easily redirect you to various websites that may be infected as well. Despite the fact that Search.fbdownloader.com is closely related with one of the most popular social network Facebook, it may collect the information about your browsing activities and then transfer this information to the malignant third party. So, it is very important not to leave Search.fbdownloader.com to run on your computer without supervision and delete it as soon as possible.
How to uninstall Search.fbdownloader.com?
If you want to successfully delete Search.fbdownloader.com you should follow our instructions provided below.
First of all, we suggest you to remove FbDownloader from the list of Add/Remove Programs:
1. First of all, click on the ‘Start’ menu which is on the left bottom corner of the screen.
2. After that, move to ‘Control Panel’ and then select ‘Programs’ or ‘Add/Remove Programs’ option.
3. Now, you have to click on ‘Uninstall a Program’.
4. When you are provided with a list of programs, search for all the entries that seem to be related with FbDownloader and then choose ‘Uninstall/Change’ option.
5. To save the changes you must click on ‘OK’.
Another thing you have to do is to delete FbDownloader from your browsers (keep in mind that Search.fbdownloader.com can act on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. That’s why it is recommended to perform the removal steps for all the browsers that are installed into your computer):
1. Open the browser and after that navigate to the ‘Tools’ section.
2. Now, move to ‘Manage Add-ons’ and then select ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
3. Now you should search for any extensions that seem to be connected with Search.fbdownloader.com.
4. Once you mark these extensions, click on ‘Uninstall’ option.
5. Finally, change back your default start page.
1. Once you open the browser, click on the Chrome menu button.
2. After that, move to the ‘Tools’ section and then choose ‘Extensions’.
3. Once displayed with a list of extensions, choose all unwanted (related with Search.fbdownloader.com) and remove them by clicking ‘Recycle bin’ option.
4. Final step you need to do is to choose your default start page.
1. Open the browser and move to the ‘Tools’ section.
2. Now, select ‘Add-ons’.
3. After that, navigate to the ‘Extensions’.
4. In the list of extensions search for all the entries that may be similar to Search.fbdownloader.com and click on ‘Uninstall’ option.
5. Finally, change your start page.
Even if you follow and perform all the steps of manual removal process you can’t be sure that you have completed removed Search.fbdownloader.com from your computer. That’s why we are recommending you to download and install reliable anti-spyware application such as SpyHunter. We can guarantee you that this reputable program will not only perform the full scan of your computer’s system, eliminate the remaining parts of Search.fbdownloader.com, but also safeguard your computer from any other potentially malicious infections and internet threats.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.