What is Rbiq9y4oz2.Com?
If every time you open your browser, you see Rbiq9y4oz2.Com appear on your screen, it means that you computer has been infected with an ad-supported application. The fake page usually states that your Video Player is outdated and that you need to update it to the latest available version. Please do not believe a word it says.
There is nothing wrong with your video player and clicking on the Accept and Install button will only lead to infecting your PC with even more potentially unwanted if not malicious programs. Delete Rbiq9y4oz2.Com and the related program from your computer as soon as you can.
How does Rbiq9y4oz2.Com work?
Rbiq9y4oz2.Com pop-up is very annoying as it appears every time you open your browser. The adware affects all web browsers so no matter which one of them you use, you will still see the fake site. Moreover, simply editing your home page will not eliminate Rbiq9y4oz2.Com. Once the website loads, you are presented with a notification that claims that your video player might be outdated and that in order to continue you need to update it. For someone who has never dealt with similar issues before this pop-up may look completely legitimate. However, if you were to install the provided programs, you would not be downloading an update. Instead, you would be installing potentially unwanted applications onto your system. It is clear that you should not follow the instructions in the fake alert as it is completely misleading.
The reason you see Rbiq9y4oz2.Com is because you already have a potentially unwanted program on your PC. You may have acquired it together with some other freeware or shareware from sites like download.com, cnet.com, soft32.com and others. When you install free software, you need to make sure that you are not also granting access to additional applications that come bundled with it. In order to do that choose Advanced or Custom installation option and decline the optional offers.
How to remove Rbiq9y4oz2.Com?
Manual Rbiq9y4oz2.Com removal is a tricky task. First of all, you need to take care of your browsers by modifying their settings. You will also have to terminate Rbiq9y4oz2.Com and its related application. Full manual removal instructions are provided below. After it is complete, you should also consider running a scan and checking if your system is now clean. You can download a malware scanner below. Alternatively, you can use a malware removal tool in order to get rid of Rbiq9y4oz2.Com. It will scan your system, detect all threats and delete Rbiq9y4oz2.Com and its related adware along with them. You will not have to worry about similar issues ever again.
Guide on Rbiq9y4oz2.Com Removal
1) Uninstall Rbiq9y4oz2.Com and the related program:
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Select Add or remove programs
- Choose the suspicious application
- Click on Remove
Windows 7 & Vista/Windows 8
- Click Start/Right-click on the lower left corner
- Go to Control Panel and open Uninstall a program
- Choose the adware and select Uninstall
2) Remove Rbiq9y4oz2.Com from browsers:
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Go to the General tab and overwrite your home page
- Click on the menu and open Options
- Replace your home page on the General tab
- Click on the menu and go to Settings
- Click Set pages under On startup
- Delete Rbiq9y4oz2.Com and set a new home page
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button
- Pick Use the New Tab page or enter your home page
3) Edit the Target line in browser shortcuts:
- Right-click on your browser shortcut
- Choose Properties and go to Shortcut tab
- Locate the Target line
- Erase all text after iexplore.exe/firefox.exe/chrome.exe
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.