What is New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus?
New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus is a ransomware program that can enter your computer and block access to it. The malware presents you with a notification claiming that the reason the access to your PC is restricted is because you have committed a crime and now must pay a fine. You should not believe anything you read as it is just a scam to scare you into paying the so-called ransom.
The message certainly does not come from Internet Police Department or Center for Critical Infrastructure Protection (CCIP), but rather your computer has been infected with a malicious program. What you should do right now is eliminate New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus from your PC.
How does New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus work?
There are a lot of similar ransomware programs like Metropolitan British Police Virus, Homeland Security Virus, Australian Federal Police Virus and many more. They all behave in the same manner: they lock your computer and present you with a fake message. All of these programs belong to Ukash family, because in order to pay the so-called fine you have to use one of the online money transfer systems like Ukash, Moneypak and so on. Here is what the New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus message looks like:
Your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below. […]
The penalty set must be paid in course of 48 hours as of the breach. On expiration of the term, 48 hours that follow will b used for automatic collection of data on yourself and your misconduct, and criminal case will be opened against you.
Amount of fine is NZD $100. You can pay a fine Ukash vouchers.”
It is obvious that the notification is intended to scare the computer user into paying the cyber criminals. The alert does not come from a government facility as they do not lock computers or collect fines via online money transfer systems. The message is clearly fake and you should not follow any of the instructions provided in it. Delete New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus from your PC as soon as you can.
How to remove New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus?
The only way to get rid of New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus is to install a powerful malware removal utility. It will not only detect all elements of the malware and uninstall New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus completely, but also help you keep your computer clean and protected in the future. The reason you got infected with the malware in the first place is because you entered a corrupted site or downloaded a malignant attachment. Once you have the anti-malware tool, you will not have to worry about similar issues anymore as it will shield your PC from various online threats like Trojans, worms, spyware and other malicious programs. In order to download the security utility, you will have to access Safe Mode with Networking. And here is how you can do that.
New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus Removal
Windows 7 and Vista
- Restart your computer
- Start tapping F8 once the BIOS screen loads
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and tap Enter
- Open your browser and download the malware remover
- Terminate New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus
- Follow the above steps from 1 to 3
- Choose Yes and open your browser
- Download the anti-malware utility
- Click Start and choose Run
- Type in “msconfig” and click OK
- Go to Startup tab and check Disable All
- Click OK to save changes
- Restart your PC and install the program
- Delete New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus
- Press the Windows key
- Move cursor to the bottom right and open Settings
- Choose Change PC Settings
- Click General and Advanced Startup
- Click on the Start now button and pick Troubleshoot
- Go to Advanced Option, then Startup Settings
- Select Restart and then choose F5 from the list
- Once your PC reboots, open your browser
- Download and install the malware removal tool
- Remove New Zealand E-Crime Lab Virus.