What is Key-find.com?
Key-find.com is unreliable search engine that once installed, can change your default start page into key-find.com and begin redirect you to certain websites that are particularly connected with this browser hijacker. Key-find.com belongs to the browser hijacker’s category and one of the main reasons why it is said to be malicious is that this search engine can redirect you to particularly malicious websites. So, we are recommending you to remove key-find.com, as soon as you noticed that it has infected your computer.
How can your computer get infected by key-find.com?
As most malicious programs, key-find.com can reach and infect your computer together with other programs that you download from the internet. Moreover, the hijacker can also be hidden in illegal webpages that you are visiting or you just simply can find key-find.com in your e-mail spam. But keep in mind that no matter in which way the browser intruder has reached your computer, now it has already started to modify your browser settings and control your searching activity. So, if you don’t want to be constantly redirected to various unreliable web sites that are connected with the introduced browser hijacker, we are recommending you to start key-find.com removal from your computer as soon as possible.
How does key-find.com affect your computer?
Once installed, this browser hijacker changes your home page into ‘key-find.com’. If you use the offered search engine, you can be provided with misleading information and different search results in comparison with the information provided by the most popular search engines. In addition to that, you can be orientated to various unreliable sites where you can easily “catch” even more serious computer problem. Moreover, key-find.com can also overload you with different pop-ups. In general, pop-ups provided by this potentially unwanted application are bound with particular websites that help to increase the traffic of the websites that you are constantly redirected to. Besides that, if your computer is infected by the browser hijacker you can’t perform your browsing activities without any interruption any more. So, if you want to protect your personal data and enjoy a safe work with your computer again, we recommend you to delete key-find.com from your computer right now.
How to remove Key-find.com?
As you are already determined to uninstall key-find.com from your computer, you should read the removal instructions provided below.
At the beginning of the removal process, you should check shortcut of a browser. To do that, you have to right-click on it and then move to the Properties. Then you have to open the Shortcut tab and check very carefully that the name of the browser (written in the Target box) ends with .exe. We are highly recommending you to do the same action for all the browsers that are installed into your computer and that could have been infected by key-find.com as well. The next step is to erase this browser hijacker form your browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
• As you open Internet Explorer, move to the Tools section.
• Here go to Manage Add-ons and then choose Toolbars and Extensions.
• Once you are displayed with a list of programs, search for key-find.com and simply click Uninstall option.
• After that, you should open Internet Explorer once again and go to Tools. Then you must go to Internet Option and click on General tab.
• Now you are permitted to enter any address and save it as your default start page.
For Mozilla Firefox:
• Once you open Mozilla Firefox browser, go to the Tools section.
• Now move to the Add-ons and go to Extensions.
• Here you should look through the list, find key-find.com and just simply uninstall it.
• After that, you must go to the Tools section again and choose Options.
• Here you have to go to the General section and finally select Startup.
• Final step is to set a particular website or just simply an option ‘show a blank page’.
For Google Chrome:
• First of all you must click the Chrome menu button (on the ‘Google Chrome browser’).
• Now you should click on Tools section and move to Extensions.
• Here you should carefully check all the programs and once you notice key-find.com, you should delete it by clicking ‘Recycle Bin’.
• After that, you must go to the Settings and click on Manage search engines. Here you should change the existing search engine into Google or another reliable page
However, manual removal of any malicious program requires some special skills. Sometimes unwanted programs may have some additional files installed into your computer as well and only manual removal can’t help to remove all of them. That’s why we recommend you to install real time reliable anti-malware application such as SpyHunter and get rid of key-find.com in automatic way. If you install any reliable anti-malware program and always keep it updated, you can be sure that your computer is protected against all the internet threats.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.