Istartpageing.com Removal Guide
Istartpageing.com falls into the category of browser hijackers, because it can alter your browser settings, such as your home page, new tab, and default search provider. It also exhibits other unwanted behavior that disrupts your online surfing experience.
The hijacker inserts adverts into the pages you visit, reroutes you to unfamiliar sites, tracks your cookies, and more. Its main goal is to boost web traffic and increase the ranking of its sponsor websites. That is how the developers of the program make profit. There is nothing beneficial about the so-called search tool, so there is no reason why you would want to keep it installed. We recommend that you terminate Istartpageing.com without hesitation and return to normal online browsing.
Where does Istartpageing.com come from?
The hijacker uses the bundling method in order to get distributed. What this means is that it gets attached to free third party software and is presented as an additional offer during its installation. In most cases, computer users simply do not notice the offer and agree to it unwittingly. The only way to make sure that you do not end up with potentially unwanted applications like adware and browser hijackers is to pay attention to every step of freeware installation wizards. Always choose Advanced or Custom installation mode and deselect all programs that are unknown to you.
How does Istartpageing.com work?
Istartpageing.com works in a similar manner to most other browsers hijackers. Once it enters your system, it changes your home page and default search engine. These settings are modified in order to provide you with commercial content. The ads may appear on your new home page, you may also notice sponsored links in your search results. Other actions taken by the hijacker are aimed at the same goal: exposing you to as much advertising data as possible. It will display pop-ups, banners, and other types of ads no matter what pages you open. The sites may have nothing to do with the hijacker or online shopping, but they will still contain various commercials. We urge you to stay away from them.
The reason why you should avoid clicking on the ads provided to you by the hijacker is because they may be unsafe. The adverts are not endorsed by the application. They could easily be fake and lead you to corrupted pages. If you land on a corrupted site, you risk infecting your system with potentially unwanted or even malicious programs. You may also encounter other virtual scams like fake lotteries or surveys tricking you into sharing your personal details, or non-existent products on which you may waste your money. If you want to eliminate fake ads from your browsers, you should delete Istartpageing.com.
Some of the other symptoms that are linked to the hijacker include random redirects to its sponsor sites, Internet slow downs, and tracking cookies. When it comes to tracking cookies, you should know that the hijacker collects data about your online browsing including your visited pages, clicked ads, made searches, and more. This information is used for marketing purposes and sold to third parties. If you are not comfortable with that, you should not hesitate with Istartpageing.com removal.
How to remove Istartpageing.com?
There are two ways you can eliminate Istartpageing.com from your browsers: manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you will have to erase the hijacker’s related program from your computer and reset your browsers. These tasks are not that complicated, however, you should use the manual Istartpageing.com removal instructions below in case you have any doubts. Alternatively, you can go with the second option and terminate Istartpageing.com automatically. Download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your system. The utility will detect all potential threats and delete Istartpageing.com along with other unwanted files and programs. It will also safeguard your PC from future online infections.
- Select Search at the bottom right corner
- Type in Control Panel and click on it
- Select Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the
- Select Uninstall
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Open Start menu and click on Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted application
- Choose Uninstall
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Move to Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program
- select Remove
Eliminate Istartpageing.com from browsers
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options (General tab)
- Overwrite your home page and click OK
- Go back to the Gear icon and choose Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, erase Istartpageing.com
- Select a new search engine
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate all unwanted extensions
- Move to Settings and locate On Startup section
- Choose Open a specific page or set of page
- Click on Set pages and set a new home page
- Select Manage search engines under Search
- Delete Istartpageing.com and choose a new search engine
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu (top right corner)
- Select Add-on and go to Extensions
- Delete all unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Istartpageing.com and set a new provider