What is i-beta.com?
i-beta.com is a browser hijacker that is promoted as a tool that is supposed to improve your browsing, provide better search results and allow quick access to your favorite pages. Unfortunately, that is not really what the program was created for. The main purpose of i-beta.com is to promote certain Internet pages and increase their traffic.
The application is distributed using a deceptive method called bundling. It is compatible with popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Since computer users rarely pay much attention to the installation process of freeware and shareware, bundling is a perfect way to distribute potentially unwanted applications. If you did not notice the hijacker in the installation wizard and had no intention of acquiring it, you should eliminate i-beta.com from your PC.
How does i-beta.com work?
i-beta.com changes your home page, new tab page and default search engine without your permission. You will not be able to restore these changes until you delete i-beta.com. The hijacker also causes unwanted redirects in the middle of your browsing. You will notice various ads, pop-ups, banners and links on the pages you visit. The annoying adverts will become a huge part of your Internet surfing experience.
i-beta.com may look like a completely normal page. It presents you with a search box and search parameters like Images, Shopping and Games. However, if you start using this so-called search engine you will soon realize that you are provided with altered results. You will see sponsored links and ads in your search results. We do not recommend clicking on these or any other advertisements provided by the program. And here is why. The ads you see are not endorsed by i-beta.com, therefore they can lead you to unsafe pages. You could infect your PC by simply clicking on one of them. You could also be presented with false information and download the malware yourself. Moreover, you should also stay away from suspicious lotteries, surveys and subscriptions as they may be used to acquire your personal information. These security issues should be enough for you to want to get rid of i-beta.com.
How to remove i-beta.com?
In addition to the above mentioned negative features of the hijacker you should also know that i-beta.com slows down your Internet connection and monitors your online behavior. There should not be any doubts in your mind that you have to delete i-beta.com from your PC. There are two ways you can do that. If you choose to uninstall i-beta.com manually, you can use the instructions that we have prepared below this article. If you are not sure which programs to delete in the first step we recommend you use the free scanner to identify the potentially unwanted applications.
A more reliable solution to i-beta.com removal, however, would be to implement a powerful anti-malware application. The malware removal tool will detect all unwanted programs and terminate i-beta.com along with them. You will also not have to worry about your system safety as the utility will not only clean your PC, but also shield it from various online threats like adware, spyware, malware, browser hijackers and so on.
Step 1. Terminate potentially unwanted programs
1. Open Start menu and click on Control Panel
2. Select Add or remove programs
3. Choose the application and click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista/Windows 8
1. Click Start/Tap Windows key and S
2. Type in Control Panel and hit Enter
3. Go to Uninstall a program
4. Choose the software and click Uninstall
Step 2. Remove i-beta.com from your browsers
1. Click on the Gear icon and open Manage Add-ons
2. Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
3. Go to Search providers and delete i-beta.com
4. Go back to the Gear icon and click Internet Options
5. Overwrite your home page on the General tab
1. Click on the Mozilla menu and pick Add-ons
2. In Extensions delete unwanted add-ons
3. Go back to the menu and click Options
4. Change your home page and click OK
5. Click on the search provider icon
6. Select Manage Search Engine
7. Eliminate i-beta.com
1. Click on the menu and select Settings
2. Replace your home page under On Startup
3. Under Search click on Manage Search engines
4. Remove i-beta.com from the list
5. Open the menu again and choose Tools -> Extensions
6. Get rid of unwanted browser add-ons.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.