What is Findamo.com?
If your home page, new tab page and default search engine have been changed to Findamo.com, your PC is infected with a browser hijacker. Technically, browser hijackers are not malicious, but they are also not exactly useful.
Findamo.com makes unwanted changes to your browser settings without your permission and causes other unnecessary disturbances. The hijacker is distributed via Installcore download manager that is responsible for the distribution of many potentially unwanted programs. There is no reason you should keep this program. We recommend you delete Findamo.com right away.
How does Findamo.com work?
Findamo.com enters your PC bundled with other freeware applications. It has been linked to programs like DealKeeper, MyPCBackup, RegCleaner and others. If you are not sure how you ended up with the hijacker, that is because unless you chose Advanced Installation and deselected it manually, it got installed along with the freeware you have downloaded. It set Findamo.com as your home page, default search provider and default new tab. That is why it is important to pay attention to the installation process and instead of “Basic” or “Quick” choose “Advanced” or “Custom” option.
Once Findamo.com gets access to your PC, the browser changes will not be the only ones you will notice. You will also be constantly redirected to unfamiliar pages during your browsing sessions and presented with a variety of commercial adverts. The ads should not be trusted as they may expose you to unsafe content. If you click on a corrupted link you could be redirected to a page that harbors malware or spyware. It is also possible that you will see various offers to participate in a lottery or complete a survey. These adverts are fake and the only reason they were created is to acquire your personal details. Do not be fooled by these tricks and eliminate Findamo.com from your computer.
How to remove Findamo.com?
If you want to terminate Findamo.com quickly and efficiently you should use a malware removal tool. The anti-malware program can delete Findamo.com and all of its components and protect your computer from similar issues in the future. Investing in a powerful anti-malware utility is always a good idea if you want to keep your PC safe and secure. Alternatively, you can uninstall Findamo.com manually. All you need to do is follow the instructions below.
Guide on Findamo.com Removal
Delete Findamo from your system:
Windows XP/7 and Vista
1. Click Start and go to Control Panel
2. Choose Add or remove programs in Windows XP
3. Pick Uninstall a program in Windows 7 & Vista
4. Select Findamo and click Remove/Uninstall
1. Press Win+S and type in Control Panel
2. Hit Enter and click on Uninstall a program
3. Choose Findamo and click Uninstall
Eliminate Findamo.com from browsers:
1. Click the Gear icon and pick Internet Options
2. Change your home page on the General tab
3. Click OK and go back to Gear icon
4. Choose Manage add-ons and go to Search providers
5. Delete Findamo.com and set a new provider
- Tap Alt+T and open Options
- Go to the General tab and change your home page
- Click OK and then tap Shift+Ctrl+A
- Select Extensions and delete Findamo
- Click on the search engine icon and set a new engine
1. Click on the menu and select Settings
2. Click Set pages and edit your home page
3. Go to Search and click Manage search engines
4. Remove Findamo.com and set a new search provider
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.