EliteUnzip Toolbar Removal Instructions
EliteUnzip Toolbar is a tool that allows you to compress and decompress files easily. At least that is what its official promoting website Eliteunzip.com claims. Just as any other toolbar created by Mindspark Interactive Network Inc. at first glance it looks very useful and innocent. However, the truth is a little bit more complicated. Even though many Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox users installed it, the majority of them removed EliteUnzip Toolbar a few days later. If you want to get rid of EliteUnzip Toolbar too, continue reading this article and we will explain how to do that.
What does EliteUnzip Toolbar do?
This toolbar is closely associated with Ask.com and that is is one of the reasons why so many user decided to erase EliteUnzip Toolbar. Once you install it, your home page will be changed to home.tb.ask.com. Of course, this toolbar has some useful features, but disadvantages far outweigh them. First of all, it constantly directs you to third parties’ websites. It uses pop-up advertisements and links scattered in between your search results to direct you to these sites. Advertisements may actually seem useful. This toolbar actually collects a lot of your personally non-identifiable information, so it is no wonder that the ads are interesting to you. However, altered search results and the fact that it follows your browsing activities are not the worst things about this program.
What really should trouble every user, is that there is no guarantee that the pages you are directed to are safe and reliable. Actually, many of them can be quite dangerous. If you land in a malicious site managed by cyber criminals, your system will probably be infected with malware. You may even be tricked in installing malicious software. Be very careful when using this toolbar and clicking numerous links and advertisement it provides. Remember that they are not only irritating, but also dangerous.
Even if you do not download EliteUnzip Toolbar yourself, it still may end up in your computer. This toolbar is known to travel with other applications. To prevent such entrance, always choose Advanced or Custom installation and follow every step carefully. Deselect any boxes that announce additional programs. We also must inform your that if EliteUnzip Toolbar managed to enter your computer unannounced, it is quite possible that there are more applications within. We recommend to delete EliteUnzip Toolbar and to scan your computer with a legitimate antimalware.
How to remove EliteUnzip Toolbar?
It does not matter, if you installed this toolbar on your own free will or if it entered your computer in a clandestine manner. If you decided to uninstall EliteUnzip Toolbar, below this article you will find all the information you need. Follow the provided instructions and terminate EliteUnzip Toolbar right away.
Remove EliteUnzip Toolbar from Windows XP:
- Click Start and open Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs and select EliteUnzip.
- Click Remove.
Delete EliteUnzip Toolbar from Windows Vista & Windows 7:
- Open Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and right-click the unwanted toolbar.
- Select Uninstall.
Uninstall EliteUnzip Toolbar from Windows 8:
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Find the unwanted application, right-click it.
- Choose Uninstall.
Eliminate EliteUnzip Toolbar from your browsers
- Tap Alt+T simultaneously and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Click Search Providers and choose a different default search provider.
- Click Set as default.
- Choose the undesirable search tool and tap Remove
- Press Close.
- Simultaneously press Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Go to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Change/remove the Home Page URL and click OK.
- Restart the browser.
- Click the search provider icon and select Manage Search Engines
- Remove the unwanted search provider and click OK.
- Simultaneously press Alt+T and click Options.
- Move to General tab and change the Home Page URL.
- Click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager.
- Choose Extensions and Remove the unwanted program.
- Restart browser.
- Tap Alt+F simultaneously.
- Open menu and choose Tools
- Select Extensions and click the recycle bin next to the unwanted application.
- Click Remove.
- Go to the menu and select Settings.
- Choose Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup.
- Select Set pages and overwrite/remove the unwanted search provider.
- Move to Appearance and choose Show Home button.
- Click Change and Overwrite/delete the URL of the undesirable search provider.
- Click OK.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Click X on the URL of the unwanted search provider.
- Choose Done and restart.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.