Cassiopesa Removal Guide
Cassiopesa is a browser hijacker that enters your computer in a clandestine manner and starts various unauthorized activities immediately. It is impossible to acquire the software directly which means that it travels in freeware bundles. As soon as this application infiltrates your PC, it immediately changes your home page and default search engine in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
All these actions make this intruder very similar to Binkiland, Taplika, Astromenda, Vosteran, and so on. If suddenly you see this hijacker in your system, we advise to remove Cassiopesa as soon as possible.
What does Cassiopesa do?
Unfortunately, this software will not present you with trustworthy search results. Instead you will see a bunch of sponsored links and advertisements every time you attempt to use this tool. Understand that browser hijackers earn money for every click on the promoted link or ad which means that it will do anything to induce you to click them. One way to make the ads more attractive is personalization. In order to tailor the ads to you, this software follows your online activities and uses the gathered data to do so. However, the collected information is also shared with the third parties which are completely unknown. Do not tolerate such distribution of your data and delete Cassiopesa right now.
The unknown third parties is a big source of concern too. Bear in mind that hijackers are very often exploited by cyber crooks which means that you may be expose to them too. If after clicking one of the links or ads you enter a malicious website, you will most likely end up with a serious malware infection in your computer. Needless to say, you should do everything to avoid such outcome. We strongly recommend to avoid using the provided search tool and to concentrate on the immediate Cassiopesa removal.
To protect your PC from similar infections in the future, we advise to be more careful during freeware installations. To ensure that your PC is safe, you should follow each installation process very carefully and look for the undesirable programs in the End User License Agreement. If you attentively monitor the installation wizard, you should be able to avoid similar intruders in the future.
How to remove Cassiopesa?
We hope that after reading the report you understand how dangerous this software can be. To make the dealings with this issue easier to you, our research team prepared detailed instructions on how to terminate Cassiopesa. Follow these guileless closely and you should manage to erase Cassiopesa on your own. However, if you do not feel confident in your abilities, we advise to purchase a legitimate computer security tool. The same tool will also make sure that your system is safe after Cassiopesa removal.
- Press the Windows key + X.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Select the application you wish to remove and click Uninstall.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Access the Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Select Cassiopesa.
- Click Uninstall to delete Cassiopesa.
- Click the Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Tap Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove Cassiopesa.
Uninstall Cassiopesa from your browsers
- Tap the menu icon and open Settings.
- Go to Set pages and overwrite your home page.
- Under Search, press Manage search engine.
- Replace the current search tool with a new search provider.
- Go to Extensions and delete useless add-ons.
- Press the Gear icon and choose Internet Options.
- Overwrite your home page in the General tab.
- Tap the Gear icon and access Manage Add-ons.
- Move to Toolbars and Extensions and remove unwanted add-ons.
- Access Search Providers and change/delete your search engine.
- Click the menu icon and pick Options.
- Access General tab and replace your current home page with another one.
- Move to Search tab and change/remove your provider.
- Tap on the menu again and open Add-ons.
- Get rid of the unwanted extensions.