What is asrv-a.akamaihd.net?
If you have noticed that your usual browsing activities are interrupted by asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup, it means that your computer has been infiltrated by a browser plugin. Sometimes asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup can be bundled together with adware or various browser hijackers. However, no matter in which illegal way asrv-a.akamaihd.net enters your computer, it acts at the same manner. Be aware, that asrv-a.akamaihd.net can act on all the browsers that are installed into your computer (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox).
So, if you notice such popup while using one browser, skipping to another browser won’t be a solution. We suggest you not hesitate anymore and remove asrv-a.akamaihd.net from your computer right now.
How can asrv-a.akamaihd.net infiltrate your computer?
As most of unwanted applications, asrv-a.akamaihd.net can enter your computer when you are not expecting it alt all. In most often cases asrv-a.akamaihd.net can enter your computer bundled with freeware and shareware. Because of this reason we suggest you to pay more attention to files and programs that you want to download and install into your computer. You always need to double-check and make sure that all the files coming into your computer are safe and reliable. Furthermore, you have to stay away from unreliable and suspicious webpages and avoid clicking on various advertisements that may pop-up while you are performing your browsing activities. Furthermore, we recommend you to perform only Custom or Advanced installation process and always deselect the unwanted applications.
How does asrv-a.akamaihd.net act?
The most common sign of infection that you can easily notice is that you are constantly disrupted by asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup. You should know that the main idea of this popup is either to redirect you to potentially malignant websites where you would infect your computer even more or just simply advertise particular sponsored websites. Furthermore, you can also be flooded by plenty of other potentially dangerous advertisements that you should better avoid. Moreover, you can also be redirected to various unreliable websites where you can ‘catch’ even more serious computer infection. So, you can see that asrv-a.akamaihd.net popup is not just a simple annoying advertisement. Because of this reason we recommend you to delete asrv-a.akamaihd.net and avoid the further risk that this application may provide.
How you can uninstall asrv-a.akamaihd.net from your computer?
In order to successfully get rid of this annoying and potentially dangerous popup, you should follow our directions.
The very first step you need to perform is to remove this unwanted application from this list of all the programs that are installed into your computer:
1. Click on ‘Start’ menu and after this step you need to choose ‘Control Panel’ section.
2. After that, you have to navigate to ‘Programs’ section or ‘Add/Remove Programs’ section and select ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
3. Once displayed with a list, choose all unwanted applications that may be related with asrv-a.akamaihd.net.
4. Press on each unwanted application and remove it (by clicking ‘Uninstall/Change’ option).
5. Click ‘OK’ (this will help you to save that changes you have just made).
Resetting your browsers (better reset all the browsers that are installed into your computer):
1. Open the browser -> click on the Gear icon or ‘Tools’ section.
2. Navigate to ‘Internet Options’ -> choose ‘Advanced’ tab -> click on ‘Reset’.
3. Once displayed with ‘Reset Internet Explorer Settings’ window -> check ‘Delete personal settings’.
4. Click on ‘Reset’ -> click ‘OK’.
1. Open the browser -> click on menu button -> click ‘Show advanced settings’ (when you are displayed with ‘Settings’ window).
2. Select ‘Reset browser settings’ -> choose ‘Reset’.
3. To save the changes, it is recommended to restart the browser.
1. Open the browser -> click on ‘Firefox’ button -> move to the ‘Help’ section.
2. After that, select ‘Troubleshooting Information’.
3. Select and press ‘Reset Firefox’ (for a couple of times).
4. Finally, choose ‘Finish’
Despite the fact that you consistently perform all the actions of manual asrv-a.akamaihd.net removal procedure you should keep in mind that in order to know that you have completely removed all the application, you need to manage a full system scan as well. That’s why we suggest you to download reliable anti-malware application such as SpyHunter. We can guarantee that with a help of this anti-spyware tool you will not only completely eliminate the adware, but also protect your computer’s system against other attacks of internet threats.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.