Play-bar.net Removal Guide
Play-bar.net is classified as a suspicious browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). If you do not want any problems, it is recommended to remove Play-bar.net from your computer system as quickly as possible so that you would avoid other possible threats. The browser hijacker is able to usurp Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. You should keep in mind that although the PUP may look like a decent search engine at first, it is completely useless. Obviously, it tries its best to look legitimate: you can see that it looks quite minimalistic.
Another fact about the hijacker is that it changes your default search engine, new tab, and homepage according to its needs. In other words, you are denied of the possibility to choose your browser settings on your own. Delete Play-bar.net so that your could make your own decisions.
Why is Play-bar.net dangerous?
The first thing that users notice about the PUP is the amount of commercial advertisements. The ads are presented by third parties that are not concerned with your safety at all. Because of that, you may get redirected to corrupted pages that should not be visited at any cost. You see, an unsafe site can infect your personal computer. You have to avoid the ads if you think that malware, adware, Trojans, or viruses are not really beneficial to your PC. Of course, it is easier said than done: it may be almost impossible not to click on a pop-up window that suddenly comes out of nowhere. Also, all users should know that the browser hijacker collects personal information that can be later shared with third parties. This may lead to identity theft or a serious financial loss because your banking information may be stolen. Uninstall Play-bar.net because of all these reasons.
How did my computer get infected with Play-bar.net?
Browser hijackers and other PUPs sneak into users’ devices via freeware bundles. This usually happens when users download freeware and shareware without paying attention to the installation process. It is really important to be attentive if you want to keep your PC safe. If there is a possibility, choose Custom or Advanced installation type and read all the info that is provided in the Terms and Agreements and the Installation Wizard.
How to remove Play-bar.net from my PC?
If you have some computer-related knowledge, Play-bar.net removal should not be a very difficult process. You’ll just have to follow the step-by-step instructions that are placed below the article. However, if you don’t think that you are able to do this, do not worry: you can simply use a reliable spyware and malware removal tool, which would make sure that your computer is clean and protected.
Uninstall Play-bar.net from your PC
Delete Play-bar.net from Windows XP
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Select Control Panel.
3. Choose Add or Remove Programs.
4. Delete the application.
Remove Play-bar.net from Windows 7 and Vista
1. Go to the Start menu.
2. Open Control Panel.
3. Select Uninstall a program.
4. Uninstall the unwanted application.
Terminate Play-bar.net from Windows 8
1. Navigate your mouse to the bottom-left corner of your screen.
2. Open the menu.
3. Open Control Panel.
4. Select Uninstall a program and remove the application.
Delete Play-bar.net from your browser
1. Tap Alt+T.
2. Select Options.
3. Go to the General tab and select Home Page.
4. Delete the unwanted URL and click OK.
5. Press the search provider icon next to the search box.
6. Select manage Search Engines.
7. Delete the unwanted engine.
8. Click OK.
1. Tap Alt+T.
2. Select Manage Add-ons.
3. Open Search Providers.
4. Remove the unwanted engine, click Close.
5. Tap Alt+T once again.
6. Go to Internet Options.
7. Under the General tab, select a new Home Page and click OK.
1. Tap Alt+F and go to Settings.
2. Open On Startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and choose Set pages.
3. Delete the unwanted URL, click OK.
4. Go to Appearance, select Show Home, and press Change.
5. Go to On Startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages, click Set pages.
6. Navigate to Search and choose Manage search engines.
7. Delete the unwanted search engine.
8. Click Done.