What is Delta Homes?
Delta Homes is a browser hijacker that can modify your browser settings changing your home page and default search provider. The search engine may look trustworthy, but we would not recommend using it. In general, when it comes to browser hijackers, it is best to get rid of them as soon as possible, because they do not add any value to your system.
Delta Homes will flood your browser windows with various advertisements that will slow down your Internet speed. It may also cause various redirects in the middle of your web surfing. The application is usually distributed via third party freeware bundles. It is our recommendation that you delete Delta Homes from your system as soon as you can.
How does Delta Homes work?
As it has already been mentioned, Delta Homes comes bundled with freeware and shareware. It has recently been discovered that the hijacker arrives bundled with Foxit reader and some other free applications like Flash Player, VLC, etc. The developers of the freeware do not have anything to do with the hijacker, however, when you download these programs from third party software hosting pages that use download managers, you end up with adware or browser hijackers. If you want to avoid installing potentially unwanted programs in the future, you need to be more attentive with freeware and shareware. Always choose Advanced installation and decline all additional offers.
Delta Homes is rather similar to other browser hijackers such as v9.com, qone8.com, sweet-page.com, istart123.com and more. All of these programs enter your system and modify your browser settings and shortcuts. Once Delta Homes takes over, your home page, new tab page and default search engine will be set to delta-homes.com and you will not be able to change that. The hijacker will also cause ads, pop-ups, sponsored links and redirects to appear on your screen. The so-called search engine provided by the application simply redirects you to a modified Google search page. As you can see, there is no point in keeping the program on your PC. You should terminate Delta Homes without hesitation.
How to remove Delta Homes?
It may be tricky to eliminate Delta Homes from your computer, however, it is not impossible. You should first decide whether you want to remove the hijacker manually or automatically. If you choose manual Delta Homes removal, you will have to delete the program that came bundled with the hijacker, restore your browser settings and modify your Target line. Full removal instructions are provided below and you are welcome to use them. If, however, you would like to make sure that your system is clean and protected in the future, it would be best to download and implement a malware removal tool.
Delta Homes Removal
Step 1: Uninstall Delta Homes and the related software
Windows 8/7 & Vista
- Press Win+C and open Settings/Click on Start
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs
- Select the unwanted application and click Uninstall
- Click Start and move to Control Panel
- Select Add or remove programs
- Choose the program and click Remove
Step 2: Remove Delta Homes from browsers
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page and click OK
- Click on the icon again and choose Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and extensions and erase useless add-ons
- Pick Search Providers and remove delta-homes.com
- Click on the menu and select Options (General tab)
- Modify your home page and click OK
- Press Shift+Ctrl+A and go to Extensios
- Eliminate suspicious browser add-ons
- Click on the search icon near the search box
- Select Manage search providers and delete delta-homes.com
- Click on the menu and go to Extensions
- Terminate unfamiliar add-ons
- Select Settings and click on Set pages
- Change your home page and click OK
- Go to Manage search engines
- Delete delta-homes.com
Step 3: Edit your browser shortcuts
- Right-click on the browser shortcut
- Go to Properties and open Shortcut tab
- Locate the Target line
- Erase everything after “.exe”
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.