How to Remove fissa.com Redirect (Browser Hijacker Removal Guide)?
fissa.com is a search engine, and you can encounter this search provider when installing a program download from brothersoft.com. More specifically, fissa.com is promoted by a browser extension called fissa search, which visually alters your browser tabs. After installing fissa search, new browser tabs provides you with links to various websites, and you can customize the tabs according to your preference.
What is fissa.com? (fissa.com Hijacker Introduction)
During the installation of the program that is bundled with fissa search, you are asked to alter the settings of your browsers. We recommend that you pay close attention to the information provided to you when installing a program so that you can prevent unwanted changes. If you do not uncheck particular boxes, the home page and search provider of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox are replaced with fissa.com.
fissa.com is an advertising supported search provider, which means that the search engine displays third-party advertisements. Every time you open a browser, you are exposed to some offer or recommendation. We advise you to ignore those advertisements because some of them may be related to insecure websites. fissa.com does not accept responsibility for the third-parties advertised, their offers, and privacy policies. Every click is your own responsibility, so you should be very careful when interacting with the advertisements provided to you by fissa.com.
Symptoms of fissa.com
- Displayed publisher: Secure Digital Services
- URL: www.fissa.com
- Installation folder: C:\documents and settings\utente\dati applicazioni\fissasearch
- Uninstaller: C:\Documents and Settings\utente\Dati applicazioni\FissaSearch\FissaUninstaller.exe /quiet
- Estimated size: 1.23 MB
- Bundled relationships: Widestream6
It is also worth mentioning that fissa.com does not have its unique search results. All that it can do is redirect you to us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com. Due to the fact that the Yahoo! search can be accessed as any other search engine, you should remove fissa.com from the computer as soon as you can.
Even though the search engine does not provide you with authentic search results, it does monitor your browsing behavior. Both the search engine and the browser add-on collect some information, including your clicks, impressions, search terms, and the like.
If you want to protect your personal information and get rid of multiple annoying advertisements, remove fissa.com from the computer right now. Below you will find our step-by-step removal instructions, which will help you uninstall the updater of the browser extension and restore the former settings of the browsers. However, we recommend you rely on a powerful anti-spyware program because your computer needs protection against malware and spyware. We recommend using SpyHunter because this real-time security program can easily eliminate the unwanted browser extension, fix your browsers, and, most important, fight off multiple threats, including browser hijackers, adware programs, Trojans, and ransomware infections.
How to remove the fissa search browser plug-in
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Remove fissa search.
- Click Start.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall the unwanted program.
- Press Win+R and enter control panel.
- Click OK.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove fissa search.
Remove fissa.com from your browsers
- Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Open the General tab and change the home page.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- Select the Search Providers option and set a new search provider.
- Press Alt+T and click Options.
- Open the General tab.
- Change the home page and click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
- Remove fissa search New Tab.
- Close the tab.
- Click the search engine icon on the left side of the search box and select a new search provider.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- In the On startup section, select the last option and when click Set pages.
- Set a new startup page.
- In the Search section, click Manage search engines and select a new search provider.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.