What Is Delta Search?
Delta Search is a browser hijack which means it is more annoying than harmful. What are the effects of this program? First of all, it will change your homepage to Delta-Search.com. Delta Search redirects your searches automatically. Any time that you try to use a search engine, you will now be using the Delta-Search.com search engine. What benefit does this have for those who created the hijack? They are able to collect information on what terms people search for and then sell it. So is it important to remove Delta Search from your computer?
While it doesn’t have any directly negative affects, like malware, you really don’t need your searches being redirected, and your home page changed. Therefore, I recommend that you remove Delta Search from your machine. There are a number of web sites available that provide step by step instructions for its removal, which is good because Delta-Search is a complicated program for a lay person to remove on his or her own. It does raise the question as to how you got the Delta Search redirect software on your computer in the first place. Here is the likely culprit.
We love free software downloads, but have you ever found yourself agreeing to multiple terms of service during a download? If this happens, you could be in for some trouble, and here are two reasons. First, some freeware software has a deal with affiliates like Delta-Search whereby they include the software in the download. You still have to okay the download, but when you are trying to load a particular program, you may not have noticed the offer for Delta Search being first. The other possibility is that some sites like Delta-Search.com, pay to have an ad on the download page. They make the ad look like a download button, so you think you are downloading what you wanted, but you are actually getting Delta Search. This problem can be avoided by carefully reading the dialogue box that appears before you download anything. If the box says Delta Search, or anything else but what you intended to download, decline the program. Sometimes you may have to do this several times before you get to the program you wanted. Sometimes you may have to go back to the original page and find the real download button and not the ad.
In the end, Delta Search hould be removed anyway. Far better, though, is to read dialogue boxes carefully so as to not download things like the Delta Search redirect in the first place.
To remove Delta-Search From Browsers follow these steps:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults.
- Delete Delta Search from the list
- Reset home page as well
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- Search for other things referring Delta Search in the list
- Delta Search might affect some setting files in Firefox.
On Google Chrome:
- Click wench icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove Delta Search from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove Delta Search from the set pages link too).
- Delta Search might affect some setting files in chrome as well.
If Delta Search redirect is still in your computer download automatic removal tool, click the button bellow: