What is that Datamngr.dll?
The component able to intrude the system as a part of other applications is called Datamngr.dll. Moreover, it can be also referred to as add-on or extension as it can be attached to the most famous browsers like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. The name of datamngr.dll can often be given to the applications secretly intruding the system. If you want about the datamngr.dll removal, keep reading.
How datamngr.dll manages to enter the system?
It’s not a secret that datamngr.dll has a connection with some applications, including BearShare Mediabar or Imesh. Pay attention to the fact that sometimes datamngr.dll is found under C:\ProgramFiles\iMesh Application\MediaBar\DataMngr location. Hence, it means that besides of datamngr.dll you can also find the additional browser add-on installed. Then, you may notice some changes made on the system. For example, search.imesh.net is set as your new startup page and the search engine is now Search Result. Finally, your browser will also have a Search-Result Toolbar which offers some services, including listening to the radio and etc.
How to remove datamngr.dll?
If you don’t like the activity of this component, then remove datamngr.dll out of the system. To eliminate it completely, you should also take care of the applications that have something to do with .dll component. Rely on the tips below providing the explanation about the toolbar uninstallation and browser fix.
Windows Vista/Windows 7
- Step 1: Start menu → Control Panel.
- Step 2: Uninstall a program → Press twice on the unneeded element to erase it.
- Step 1: Start menu → Control Panel.
- Step 2: Add or Remove Programs → Trace the unwelcome application → Remove button.
- Step 1: Navigate to the left corner of the screen.
- Step 2: You are shown Metro UI screen →Make a right-click on it→ Control Panel.
- Step 3: Programs → Uninstall a program → Make a right click on the unwelcome application → Uninstall.
Remove Datamngr.dll from Browsers
- Step 1: IE → use Alt and T keys → Manage Add-ons.
- Step 2: Toolbars and Extensions → disable DataMngr.
- Step 3: Search Providers → Press on the new search engine → Set as default.
- Step 4: Remove the unnecessary engine → use Alt+T.
- Step 5: Internet Options → General section → Choose another startup site.
- Step 1: Mozilla Firefox → Hold down Ctrl and then Shift → Press on A.
- Step 2: See whether DataMngr is left on the system → If yes, Remove the unwelcome plugin.
- Step 3: Use Alt+T → Options → General section → Change the startup site → OK.
- Step 4: Drop-down menu → Manage Search Engines.
- Step 5: Remove the unwelcome search provider and enter the name of the new one → OK.
- Step 1: Google Chrome → use Alt and F keys.
- Step 2: Tools → Extensions → Remove the unneeded extension.
- Step 3: Settings → On startup section → Third option → Set pages.
- Step 4: Remove the unneeded startup site and enter the title of the new one.
- Step 5: Search section → Mange search engines.
- Step 6: Remove the unnecessary engine → Set a new one by choosing Make default → Done.
After finishing the uninstallation of datamngr.dll component, take care of the system’s security by installing an updated version of anti-malware software. Use Spyhunter and its system scanner, so various kinds of threats will be quickly found and removed.
This site provides reliable information about the latest computer security threats including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, Trojans and other malicious software. We do NOT host or promote any malware (malicious software). We just want to draw your attention to the latest viruses, infections and other malware-related issues. The mission of this blog is to inform people about already existing and newly discovered security threats and to provide assistance in resolving computer problems caused by malware.